• Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 10 months ago #12947 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: TAS Childrens Art Competition

You can put me down for scanning too!

Cheers Leo.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 10 months ago #12948 by Seanie_Morris

This could be done in association with IFAS and the local astronomy clubs culminating in a grand All Ireland final...What do you think...would WorldofWonder be interested and would IFAS be interested...

Thanks Trevor. As far as I know, backing has been received by (one of) the franchise 'bosses', who runs around 16 stores in Ireland. He has said he will help out all he can, by stocking the calendar in his shops. If this happens, brilliant! I know he has seen this site too, and was very surprised that a recent search through google for BWoW, one of the first few hits was this thread on IFAS!
:D
As for going ahead with an IFAS-wide competition, there's no stopping it really. All I can say is, if people are sceptical, then wait and see what the outcome of this current project is. I know it might rule out something to happen in the next few months in time for 2006, but I personally would not like to put BWOW on the spot about it... just yet!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 10 months ago #13195 by Seanie_Morris
UPDATE:

So far, the planned date for the Awards Presentation is on Saturday July 16th. This wil coincide with the launch on the same day of J.K. Rowlings latest Harry Potter book, The Half-Blood Prince, on the day.

Word is that Minister for Finance and local TD Mr. Brian Cowen will be making an appearance (to be confirmed), with Coca Cola providing refreshments. The Ceremony takes place from 6pm on Saturday.

And final count (tbc) of the number of entries now exceeds 200!
Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 9 months ago #13556 by Seanie_Morris
UPDATE 2:

TAS has decided with Byrne's WoW that the Awards Ceremony is to be put back to September due to the holidays. In September, TAS & Byrne's will have a family day out, with food and drink (sponsored by Coca Cola), and the Awards Ceremony presented by Minister for Finance and local TD, Mr. Brian Cowen. Details will follow, and the winners will be notified by post soon. Loads of prizes are up for grabs.
In conjunction with the ceremony, TAS's 2006 Calendar will be launched, which will feature all 12 winning entries in the competition!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds