TAS Invites you to its Annual Perseids Star-B-Q

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 9 months ago #14021 by Seanie_Morris
Hi folks,
this year, if the weather plays its part, TAS has the fortune of having the Perseids Meteor Shower fall on Friday August 12th - a weekend opportunity to once again host its Perseids Star-B-Q (but on a weekend night!). It will take place at the TAS Observatory deep in the Clonminch countryside 1 mile from Tullamore's outskirts.

This is a free event, barbeque provided - just bring your own food and utensils. There will be plenty of charcoal, observing, and fun!

Camping
Visitors last year even camped overnight on the Observatory Site, and this year we encourage it again! We won't be charging a camping ticket, but just ask you to plan properly, and look after your own 'spot'! Many visitors will bring telescopes no doubt, from little ETX-70's to 12 inch and larger reflectors.

PLEASE NOTE:
If Friday 12th falls foul with the weather, the barbie will automatically spill over to the Saturday night.

The TAS website will be updated very soon with more details, but if in doubt, just ask here for more info!

Also, there are no restrictions - members and non-members of IFAS clubs are most welcome!

Clear Skies,

TAS.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #14409 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: TAS Invites you to its Annual Perseids Star-B-Q
Once again folks, I re-iterate the invitation here! Some folks have been PM'ing me to ask if its ok to come down... Of course its ok to come down! thats what the invitation is for! :D TAS is not doing this to be nice, TAS would like to see as many friends and astronomers come down, have a bit of fun away from the town, and camp over if they want!

We'd love to see you!

Tullamore Astronomical Society.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

More
18 years 8 months ago #14443 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: TAS Invites you to its Annual Perseids Star-B-Q
I'd love to go, but once again circumstances beyond my control have twarted me.
so maybe next year

thanks

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
18 years 8 months ago #14450 by albertw
I'll be there and bringing a couple of people down with me.

Someone remind me to bring butter this time so we don't have boiled sausages for breakfast!

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #14468 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: TAS Invites you to its Annual Perseids Star-B-Q

I'll be there and bringing a couple of people down with me.

Someone remind me to bring butter this time so we don't have boiled sausages for breakfast!

That was a good one alright! Hey Al, you hardly have a spare one of those gas burner guards/shades? Tried looking for one down here a couple weeks ago and couldn't find one... I'll buy it.

Midlands Astronomy Club.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #14482 by Seanie_Morris

I'd love to go, but once again circumstances beyond my control have twarted me.
so maybe next year

thanks

You could always use an excuse like, you've got food poisoning, and not go to that social of yours... then, when you come down here, we'll make sure of it! :wink:

Ah no, my Dee is not THAT bad a cook! :lol:

Midlands Astronomy Club.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds