K-Tec

TAS Invites you to its Annual Perseids Star-B-Q

More
18 years 8 months ago #14488 by albertw

Hey Al, you hardly have a spare one of those gas burner guards/shades? Tried looking for one down here a couple weeks ago and couldn't find one... I'll buy it.

Not spare but if I'm in the camping shops in town between now and then I'll get you one.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #14492 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: TAS Invites you to its Annual Perseids Star-B-Q

Hey Al, you hardly have a spare one of those gas burner guards/shades? Tried looking for one down here a couple weeks ago and couldn't find one... I'll buy it.

Not spare but if I'm in the camping shops in town between now and then I'll get you one.

Cheers.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #14646 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Update
Update Monday 8th:

The weather is supposed to be in our favour on Friday, so heres hoping... And I hope I haven't jinxed that by saying it!

For those coming down this year, if you don't know where the Observatory is, it is down a lane in the middle of nowhere! So, while we have had dry weather, the only obstacles in getting down are weeds (your car's underbelly will get a nice scrub) and the hedging (your car's side might get a few tiny incy wincy scratches!)... just to let you know.

The beauty of this is, in fact, that it makes the lane so secluded that we don't have to worry about vandals going down there.
We hope that the grass will be cut in time on the site too, but for serious amateur astronomers, its nothing you haven't dealt with before when walking through fields looking for a nice dark spot!

Any enquireies, just contact the club on tullamoreastronomy@yahoo.co.uk, or reply/PM here.

Seanie.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

More
18 years 8 months ago #14842 by dpower
How's the weather looking for tonight Seanie?

IFAS web team

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #14843 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: TAS Invites you to its Annual Perseids Star-B-Q

How's the weather looking for tonight Seanie?

I've heard everything from Met Eireann from cloud and light rain to clear spells during the night!

Midlands Astronomy Club.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #14858 by Seanie_Morris
UPDATE:

Even if its to be cloudy tonight the barbeque will still go ahead. As the rain that is forecasted is not to be heavy, I don't see the harm in continuing with the camping even! We'll know when it gets dark how the night will progress - Met Eireann has got it wrong before!

So those coming down later, look forward to meeting you all again!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds