Successful Eclipse Observation from Yiwu, China

• eclipsedan
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
15 years 8 months ago #72318 by eclipsedan
Barberskum wrote:

They all sound amazing but the one that jumps out is Antartica!
Have you a website /blogsite / images!?!?!

Ya cant leave us hangin here!

Sorry about the delay. I was in Achill for the week and I didn't have internet access. Brian linked you to an article that I wrote. The Antarctic one was very special even if I didn't get to put my feet on the ground. I couldn't persuade any of my friends to come with so I do hold the record as being the only Irish person to see one from Antarctica. I can enjoy that distinction until 2021 when I'm sure I'll join some of you down there :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eclipsedan
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
15 years 8 months ago #72319 by eclipsedan
Greenflashman wrote:

Hi All,
Dan posted an account of his Antarctic escapades along with some photos at
www.ecliptomaniacs.com/2003/nov23/dl/index.htm

Regards,
Brian

What did you guys get up to for this one Brian? I was thinking of you all on eclipse day. Last I heard you were thinking of going North with Tora but when I asked she said that you guys hadn't booked with her. Good thing too since she was clouded out.

Here's hoping you were successful!

Hope to meet you at the next SDAS meeting :)

More
15 years 8 months ago #72320 by Greenflashman
Replied by Greenflashman on topic Re:Successful Eclipse Observation from Yiwu, China
Hi Dan,
As far as I am aware none of the gang managed to get to this eclipse! Chris and I deliberately skipped this one because we are planning China next year and Easter Island in 2010. The Arctic trip 2008 was proving very expensive and it became a choice between 2008 in the Arctic or 2009 in China which is a far longer eclipse. So China won out this time. Next year will be our 10th anniversary eclipse chasing and we wanted to plan something bigger than normal.
Plus when I worked it out, the Arctic trip for one week was the same price as 4 trips, each 3 weeks long, in Madagascar. So that decided it for me anyway.:)
Glad to see you got some great photos and if you want to put an account of your trip up on ecliptomaniacs.com please feel free to do so.
Regards,
Brian

"There is a theory that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. Another theory states that this has already happened."

• eclipsedan
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
15 years 8 months ago #72321 by eclipsedan
That's good news. I presumed you had been clouded out when I heard Tora's account on the SEML. I'm down for the cruise ship for 2009 but we must stay in touch for 2010. I'll manage to see an eclipse with you guys yet! I was looking at a couple of websites today. It looks like either Easter Island or Tahiti. We'll have to see what the costs and weather stats say...

I'll see if I can't write something up for the ecliptomaniacs. I hope to do a small presentation at the SDAS so I'll hopefully see you there.

Greenflashman wrote:

Hi Dan,
As far as I am aware none of the gang managed to get to this eclipse! Chris and I deliberately skipped this one because we are planning China next year and Easter Island in 2010. Glad to see you got some great photos and if you want to put an account of your trip up on ecliptomaniacs.com please feel free to do so.
Regards,
Brian

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds