K-Tec

Boeing bringing us back to the Moon, the ARES moon rocket

More
16 years 3 months ago #60121 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: ......

i suppose if the will is there at government level it will happen...multinational venture between all the space nations id say is the only way probably

Think of it this way (taken from Wikipedia):

From 1964 until 1973, a total of US$6.5 billion was appropriated for the Saturn V, with the maximum being in 1966 with US$1.2 billion.

One of the main reasons for the cancellation of the Apollo program was the cost. In 1966, NASA received its highest budget of US$4.5 billion, about 0.5% of the GDP of the United States at that time. In the same year, the Department of Defense received $63.5 billion, about 7.0% of GDP.

In America, the military always supercedes everything else in the budget, but when you see the comparison above that NASA gets... wow. Yet, in the very beginning, NASA was born out of the military. Funny how things progressed since.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #60127 by Tonybwf
Replied by Tonybwf on topic .........
If im not mistaking vietnam started around then so im not surprised..but thats some budget for military purposes....imagine what it is now!!

fingers crossed it goes ahead...

Regards
Tony

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"

More
16 years 3 months ago #60279 by pj30something
I also thought €800 million was a pretty cheap price for the operation.

Anyone know the cost of the 1st mission to the moon (in todays money?).

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds