K-Tec

Selene Rising and the Temple of Poseidon

More
18 years 11 months ago #12311 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Selene Rising and the Temple of Poseidon
Excellent work Anthony! And as Bill said, why not let them be used for something like the tourist board? You're going to have to make room for some of us now, we'll go over just for the splendid scenery and clear skies!

By the way, as a typo, in the first line on each page, you should have 4 Billion years instead of 4 Million...

:wink:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 11 months ago #12314 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Selene Rising and the Temple of Poseidon

Excellent work Anthony! And as Bill said, why not let them be used for something like the tourist board? You're going to have to make room for some of us now, we'll go over just for the splendid scenery and clear skies!

Seanie,

Many thanks for the kind words. I have been flooded with publication requests, much more than I expected, and including a request for a mini-article (remember to check out the Aug/2005 issue of Astronomy Now :wink: ).

Now, as for the clear skies etc, how about if all of my Irish friends come here for the March/2006 eclipse??? We have 3.5 minutes of totality and I am convinced we will have memories to share and last a lifetime!

By the way, as a typo, in the first line on each page, you should have 4 Billion years instead of 4 Million...

:wink:

Gotcha! The reference to Million is in relation to MAN's presence on the planet and not the age of our planet. I had someone else make a similar comment and perhaps I should go back and clarify the text a bit so as to circumvent any possible confusion. Nevertheless, I thank you for the comment and assistance with the text.

Be well and hopefully we can meet for the eclipse.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
18 years 11 months ago #12318 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Selene Rising and the Temple of Poseidon

Gotcha! The reference to Million is in relation to MAN's presence on the planet and not the age of our planet...
...Nevertheless, I thank you for the comment and assistance with the text.

Didn't know, sorry to rain on your parade!

And thats a very nice offer for next year, if I win the lottery, I'll pop over for a cuppa during those 3.5 minutes!

:D

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 11 months ago #12322 by John OBrien
Replied by John OBrien on topic Re: Selene Rising and the Temple of Poseidon
Very nice Anthony.

The moon is a fast mover when just coming over the horizon. By any chance do you have a shot between the first and second photos in the links?

"We are the music makers ... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - W.W.

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 11 months ago #12330 by ayiomamitis
Hi John,

Thanks for the kind words. In fact I have LOTS of photos from when the moon JUST appears (ie. before the first photo in the series) to just after the third photo.

If you have a particular need, I am all ears!

Anthony.

PS. The originals are purposely 3072x2048 which would make ANY magazine happy.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 11 months ago #12331 by ayiomamitis
Hi Seanie,

Please do not apologize, for there is absolutely no reason to do so. I thank you for identifying a source of confusion and this is something I will address shortly so that the text is crystal clear!

As for next year and the eclipse, I would welcome ANY of my friends here to join me on the isle of Kastellorizo. I plan to show up a week early so as to scout the island in advance. In addition to pursuing the imaging of the eclipse in both white light and h-alpha (AP160 and TeleVue Pronto), I also plan to use other cameras for a multi-exposure time series and this is something which will require SOME advance planning so that I can incorporate a very nice foreground to match the time series sequence.

Anyway, I sincerely hope and look forward to some company!!!

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds