K-Tec

Selene Rising and the Temple of Poseidon

More
18 years 11 months ago #12334 by John OBrien
Replied by John OBrien on topic Re: Selene Rising and the Temple of Poseidon
Hi Anthony, no particular need just curiosity as to how it looks. The blue in the sky on the first shot is very nice and understandably gets lost as the moon gets higher/brighter due to exposure... so I was wondering if you had a shot with some more of the moon showing with bluer sky by the temple. Also maybe a selection of thumbnail sizes showing the moonrise sequence over several minutes would be quite interesting.

"We are the music makers ... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - W.W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #12335 by lionsden
Replied by lionsden on topic Re: Selene Rising and the Temple of Poseidon

Now, as for the clear skies etc, how about if all of my Irish friends come here for the March/2006 eclipse??? We have 3.5 minutes of totality and I am convinced we will have memories to share and last a lifetime!

Jeez Anthony, that's a nice offer! Are you sure you'll have room to put us all up? :lol:

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 11 months ago #12337 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Selene Rising and the Temple of Poseidon
John: One "slight" problem that we have is the fact that the actual exposure between the current set of images varies which in itself has slightly biased the proposed comparison. Since the opportunity to nail this sequence is very difficult and requires a multitude of factors to go right simultaneously, I played it safe and also programmed the EOS 300d for exposure compensation (+/- 1 stop). Two of the three photos you see (#1 and #3) were nailed perfectly by the camera's meter reading whereas the middle photo was at EC -1.

Leo: This is a no-brainer since I will also be travelling from Athens to Kastellorizo. Otherwise, accomodating ALL of my friends here would have presented a slight challenge. :lol:

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
18 years 10 months ago #13079 by Perseus
Replied by Perseus on topic Re: Selene Rising and the Temple of Poseidon
Anthony,

Delighted to see your photo on the "Astronomy Picture of the Day" web site.

Congratulations, Damon

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #13081 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Selene Rising and the Temple of Poseidon
Damon,

Thank you for the kind words. It is always a treat to have something on APOD and each one is always equally exciting.

Clear skies!

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds