K-Tec

Atmospheric phenomenae sticky

More
16 years 10 months ago #48029 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re: Atmospheric phenomenae sticky
How about using an on-line photo repository like Fokti or similar to store users images in a gallery / portfolio format. You could then link directly to the gallery, a folder or an individual image. It should be easily possible to set up an IFAS portfolio and link directly to it. Individual users could then set up their own folders and sub-folders. You could add a direct link to the IFAS portfolio in the web site menus.

Phil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #48031 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Atmospheric phenomenae sticky

How about using an on-line photo repository like Fokti or similar to store users images in a gallery / portfolio format. You could then link directly to the gallery, a folder or an individual image. It should be easily possible to set up an IFAS portfolio and link directly to it. Individual users could then set up their own folders and sub-folders. You could add a direct link to the IFAS portfolio in the web site menus.

We do www.flickr.com/photos/tags/irishastronomy/

just upload images to flickr and give them a tag of irishastronomy and they appear there.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
16 years 10 months ago #48044 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re: Atmospheric phenomenae sticky
Confound you! You've pinched one of my better ideas! You might (unless you already have... and I'm blind) put a note to that effect somewhere on the index page or somewhere else logical.

Phil.

More
16 years 10 months ago #48050 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Atmospheric phenomenae sticky

Confound you! You've pinched one of my better ideas! You might (unless you already have... and I'm blind) put a note to that effect somewhere on the index page or somewhere else logical.

Phil.

Good point. Perhaps once I get the access codes (Bart?) to the astrophoto competition areas on the index page again, I'll add something like that?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 10 months ago #48052 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Atmospheric phenomenae sticky

No its not there, it started as a temporary thing while the web lads were getting the gallery fixed but with over 200 pics in it now its getting permanent. 8-)

Bart et. al. can you put up a link to it on the main page? I use the flash badge www.flickr.com/badge.gne on the southdublinastronomy.org website for this.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
16 years 10 months ago #48059 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Atmospheric phenomenae sticky

Bart et. al. can you put up a link to it on the main page? I use the flash badge www.flickr.com/badge.gne on the southdublinastronomy.org website for this.

Done.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds