Big Aurora today

• ei5fk
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 4 months ago #11801 by ei5fk
Big Aurora today was created by ei5fk
Excellent Aurora today, radio sigs on 144mhz which are normally line of ight as far south as ITALY/CROATIA etc
should be good tonight
Charles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #11802 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Big Aurora today
There was a big one here last night from N.Ireland :D Was visible from 00.26 to dawn. It was a truely lovely display an di hope to see more action tonight. I hope everyone gets to see activity.

Clear Skies all

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
19 years 4 months ago #11826 by Conor
Replied by Conor on topic Re: Big Aurora today
my pictures is on space weather! :D

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

More
19 years 4 months ago #11827 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Big Aurora today
Exremely little activity, if any, last night/this morning. I went out observing myself from 10:40pm until 00:50am, and there was a constant 'glow' on the northwest horizon. There is no definitive source of light pollution from my location in that direction, so I don't know if it was remnamts of twilight, or auroral glow. Ronan Newman saw it too, but neither of us knew if it was auroral or not.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• ei5fk
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 4 months ago #11830 by ei5fk
Replied by ei5fk on topic Yesterdays aurora
www.qsl.net/ei5fk/2maur.png
Here is a map showing what I worked on 144mhz in Europe yesterday, it shows how far south it extended, unfortunately it died out before dusk, it rates highly as one of my better events...would have looked nice in my new Meade binoculars im sure.
Charles

More
19 years 4 months ago #11839 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Big Aurora today
Hi Seannie

I seen some activity last night myself but it was strongest before dawn as a large faint homogenus blue band which turned into a murky green band later but i agree that it was very faint and would not have been noticeable to anyone who was not familiar with the sky. I seen no beams but it was 20* in height and blocked out the fainter stars in Auriga.

I hope there is more activity tonight :D

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds