K-Tec

May be of Interest to some, ITV channels now FTA

More
18 years 10 months ago #17492 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: May be of Interest to some, ITV channels now FTA
Dave Grennan,
to get all those channels with Chous or NTL is about 30 yo-yo's a month! (well, them plau a few more!). Isn't it amazing that people are stupid to pay Chorus to install free to view channels into your home? Thats what I told the Chorus rep that came to my house last week! He was, needless to say, shocked, that almost all their channels in their basic package were already free! :shock:

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #17498 by bertthebudgie
Replied by bertthebudgie on topic Re: May be of Interest to some, ITV channels now FTA
Better still!!!!

get a friend in Northern Ireland to order you a "freesat from SKY card" for ST£20 and you get everything except tv3 (and other silly sky esk rubish). pop it in your digibox and cancel you sub.

Howsat!!!!

Eqipment
Lx90 8' SCT, UHC Narrowband filter
SPC900 Webcam, Atik 16ic
Astrozap Dew Heater
Meade eyepieces & barlows 9,26 and 32mm
Moonfish 32mm 2"

"Always pass to the man in space"

More
18 years 10 months ago #17499 by Macros42

Better still!!!!

get a friend in Northern Ireland to order you a "freesat from SKY card" for ST£20 and you get everything except tv3 (and other silly sky esk rubish). pop it in your digibox and cancel you sub.

Howsat!!!!

But But But - no TV3!!!!

Oh yeah - UTV is free so I'd only miss that muppet doing the weather :D

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

More
18 years 10 months ago #17501 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: May be of Interest to some, ITV channels now FTA

Better still!!!!

Howsat!!!!

Thats what we are al talking about I think David! That same card is €120 in the Repblic. The company that provides them in the UK don't post to Ireland, but I don't see any restrictions in someone from there posting one over to here.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• ftodonoghue
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #17502 by ftodonoghue
As far as I can see with "freesat" from Sky the only extra channels are C4 and five, the rest can all be received with any digital equipment...If I had a sky box I would get that card from sky but, Its not worth buying one. On the other hand I could always subscribe and receive the history channel, discovery , National Geo etc....but then I would spend too much time in front of the box..

Cheers
Trevor

More
18 years 10 months ago #17532 by bertthebudgie
Replied by bertthebudgie on topic Re: May be of Interest to some, ITV channels now FTA
As far as I know then are still available at present. for st£20 You need to get a friend from NI to ring Sky for you giving them a NI address and ask for a freesat card to post it out to. If you ring yourself then remember to hide your roi tel number. The only extra stations you get though are ch 4 and 5 but you will get the Uk epg so u dont have to be switching in and out of other channels all the time. there is a website in the uk that does post to ireland but not really worth it now that utv is fta. They used to charge STG£70. Sorry back to astronomy now :D

Eqipment
Lx90 8' SCT, UHC Narrowband filter
SPC900 Webcam, Atik 16ic
Astrozap Dew Heater
Meade eyepieces & barlows 9,26 and 32mm
Moonfish 32mm 2"

"Always pass to the man in space"

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds