K-Tec

MAJOR update to the boards

More
18 years 10 months ago #18363 by dpower
Replied by dpower on topic Re: MAJOR update to the boards
I miss my crayons.

IFAS web team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #18364 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: MAJOR update to the boards

Software is stupid, hence the code that pops out is always bloated and inefficient.

Who writes software? Bloody programmers... QED

More
18 years 10 months ago #18368 by dmcdona
TinkTank - welcome aboard! Rather odd that your first post is all about XHTML or whatever. We normally get questions about which boniculras to choose.

Also, it wouldn't be a complete coincidence that you're at NUIM would it? Do you know Bart?

:wink:

Cheers and welcome!

Dave McD

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #18370 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: MAJOR update to the boards

Software is stupid, hence the code that pops out is always bloated and inefficient.

Who writes software? Bloody programmers... QED

Erm, what exactly are you getting at here?

Programmers program web pages and programmers also program the programs that program web pages, yes. However, it is infinitely easier ot program a web page than to write a program to program ANY web page!

All software sucks, but software to write software sucks on top of sucking, you could say it's suckyness is squared!

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #18371 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: MAJOR update to the boards

TinkTank - welcome aboard! Rather odd that your first post is all about XHTML or whatever. We normally get questions about which boniculras to choose.

Also, it wouldn't be a complete coincidence that you're at NUIM would it? Do you know Bart?

:wink:

Cheers and welcome!

Dave McD

TinkTank is indeed a Maynoothian and a friend of mine but he is also a computer scientist whom I really respect and who is very well read. If you have an interest in things computer sciency I suggest keeping an eye on his blog ( www.minds.nuim.ie/~dez/serendipity/ );

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 10 months ago #18373 by dmcdona
Ah, now come on Bart... Bringing in reinforcements just ain't Queensbury rules now is it? A bone fide beginning astronomer is fair enough but to stick the boot into poor old Dave P and then get yer mates to join in is a bit below the belt. I think I'll give Paul Gibson a shout eh? :wink:

As for the software piece, it was you who wrote that software is stupid... I guess that infers that programmers are stupid. Or is that downright scandalous of me? I don't think Bill Gates is stupid.

Anyhow, this a great debate. Keep it up lads. Dave, you ready for round seven. I'll just give you some vaseline there. Hang on in and watch out for the uppercut from Bart 'The Bruiser' Busschots...

Cheers

Dave 'The Worm' McDonald

:lol:

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds