K-Tec

Camera Help

More
18 years 9 months ago #18874 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
I just found that the novelty wore off after about 2 weeks, I just found it limiting. It would be worth it in the long run if you keep the cash, and save for a better camera capable of 'bulb' exposures.

Keith..

P.S I wish the files section was working again, I'd post a 15sec shot of the milkyway just so you can see - anyway, it's mainly black!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 9 months ago #18878 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Camera Help
What about just auroras etc as i honestly cannot afford a DSLR at this moment in time. The camera i had in mind has ISO1600, with 10 optical zoom with mannual settings. My main area of interest will focus on auroras, conjunctions, constellations etc.

I recall Conors old camera had a 15 sec exposure and i could see stars fainter than mag 7 on the images as well as 6 meteors captured on different images in one evening. For these activities would the Fuji be ok baring in mind that i cannot get a DSLR untill the future?

i need to make a decision asap..

there is a kodax camera that has a 64 sec expsoure at ISO400..the DX7440 but i do not know if they are up to much..what do you think?

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 9 months ago #18879 by martinastro

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
18 years 9 months ago #18880 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
I'd go for the Fuji Martin, ISO 1600, 10X zoom and more megapixels, this will give you decent shots of aurora etc, 10x for the conjunctions is good, once you get a tripod.

If a dslr is not an option for now, that's what i'd do so...
Good luck
Keith..

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 9 months ago #18883 by martinastro
Thanks keith ..i will go for the Fuji which will fill a gap in the mean time untill i can splash out for a DSLR. I plan to use the camera mostly for auroras, ISS transits, iridum flares, conjunctions, moon shots, atmospheric phenomena, sunsets etc so i reckon it will be suitable for this. The 10X optical zoom and ISO1600 is attractive and even though exposure time is only 15 seconds i will try my hand at trying to bag a bright meteor during the Geminids...im very optimistic you see :)

Thanks for the advice keith and when i upgrade to a DSLR you will be the man to talk to.

Clear skies

Martin Mc Kenna

More
18 years 9 months ago #18940 by Jed Glover
Replied by Jed Glover on topic Re: Camera Help
Albert pointed out this outlet on ebay for cannon gear.

May be worth a look

stores.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet_W0QQssPag...ibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm

Later,

Jed.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds