K-Tec

lidl refractor telescope

More
18 years 9 months ago #19490 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: lidl refractor telescope

This one has a different tripod. It's an achromat, but the eyepieces let it down a bit. You can't use the star navigator software with it either, because it isn't go-to. It used to come with starry-night bundle edition, but a very very old version.

But for €60, you can't go wrong!

Incidentally, if you have superior 1.25" eyepieces already, it will give spectacular views! For eample, the design, build, and optics of this little scope (minus the eyepieces) is very good. Most of use here with eyepieces have at least one cheap one that cost more than this scope!!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19491 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: EXT70 - Size and Weight

Hi,

Just curious - the ETX 70 - would it be small enough and light enough in terms of weight to practically go into a suitcase/large bag in terms of air travel? Would its extra weight in the bag mean you would incur excess baggage charges? Could you take it on as hand luggage? Thinking about Eclipse Trip to Turkey next March.

If its the same as last year Neill, it will have its own small backpackfor easy transportation - gives you an idea of its size and weight! This is the one I'llbe taking with me to Turkey if I go!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19493 by Seanie_Morris
For those of you new to these boards since this threads was last 'seen', you might have a look at it for many questions to your answers!

Skylux FAQ

ETX-70 FAQ

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19496 by eclipsedan
Replied by eclipsedan on topic Re: EXT70 - Size and Weight

Hi,

Just curious - the ETX 70 - would it be small enough and light enough in terms of weight to practically go into a suitcase/large bag in terms of air travel? Would its extra weight in the bag mean you would incur excess baggage charges? Could you take it on as hand luggage? Thinking about Eclipse Trip to Turkey next March.

Thanks

Neill

Hi Neil,

You can definitely bring the ETX onboard a flight without going over the weight charge. I used it to watch the annular eclipse in Spain last October. It's a must for Turkey. Get some good eyepieces though. It'll give you a nice wide view aswell :)

I have also been able to take the other Lidl refractor onboard all the flights that I've gone on. It's a lot more clumsy than the ETX though. However it gives great images with an SLR.

It's an amazing combination for eclipses. A Skylux for great photos and an ETX70 for viewing. Total price = €240. How could you go wrong?!

Enjoy!

Daniel

More
18 years 9 months ago #19574 by pulsar
Replied by pulsar on topic Re: lidl refractor telescope
Hmm. I got the Lidl scope as my first ever scope, and had no eyepieces. But I've just bought a TAL 150P, so I have some decent Plossls now.

===========================
Daniel
Did I ever tell you about my universal theory?
U=MB. The Universe is just one big milk bottle!
www.pulsar.co.nr

More
18 years 9 months ago #19578 by Neill
Replied by Neill on topic Power Source and Alignment
Hi guys,

The ETX is a go-to but you can't align during the day very accurately as there are no stars to align to!

Another query - the ETX 70 - to align during the day even roughly requires a power source. From my experience with my power pack - its reasonably heavy and could there be an issue with weight in a suitcase/large bag in terms of excess baggage etc? Does anyone have any experience with previous eclipses in terms of the above?

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds