NGC and M Field guide

• ftodonoghue
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 9 months ago #19763 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: NGC and M Field guide
Hi all..thanks for all your responses and advice, I have taken it all on board but in the end I opted for the Observing Handbook and Catalogue of Deep-Sky Objects. It was my birthday recently so I had some bookvouchers handy for local shop..Should have it just after the Xmas. Thanks again

Cheers
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19768 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: NGC and M Field guide

Shane,

No argument from me regarding the S&T shipping costs. In fact, it is the ONLY reason that all of my transactions with the magazine have been on the subscription side. I have been fortunate to have work appear in the magazine and all of the complementary gift certificates were used for extending my subscription and nothing else. :cry:

Curiously enough though, when they sent me the sponsored sopy of O'Meara's Messier guide, they used cheaper regular post. I've asked them why they can't do this as standard, or even an option, but it's company policy. Maybe it's an insurasnce thing. Either way it's prevented me from making at least three purchases from them and opting for Amazon instead. Cheaper than the publisher with lower shipping costs. Go figure ...

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds