K-Tec

Canon 3ood

More
18 years 8 months ago #20912 by mjs
Replied by mjs on topic Re: Canon 3ood
Matthew,

My thoughts on the above two items.....

If you slide the Skylux's tube forward in its clamp so that lens is farther away from the clamp it will balance ok with the camera attached. You could also move the counter-weight out along its shaft if you want but it is not really necessary.

I always hang the neck strap of the camera over the finder so that if the worst happens then it cannot fall too far.

The Ebay item is for holding the camera for using eyepiece projection to give you an image in the camera. Changing the eyepiece and the distance the camera is from that eyepiece gives more magnification but much less light. This will mean more difficult focusing and the requirement for longer exposures and hence tracking. So for our Skylux telescopes it would not be of much use except possibly for lunar imaging.

Michael Scully

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #20918 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Canon 3ood
My thoughts exactly Michael,
without guiding, you really are talking about the moon only,
and I can tell you it does the moon very well.
Ditch the diagonal for this, the one I got was garbage, it will cause image distortion. I'd adsvise not to use the camera lens nor the telesacope eyepiece, so just put the camera body at the end of the scope, and you''ll get good complete images of the moon.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
18 years 8 months ago #20937 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Canon 3ood
Nice to hear about the camera Matthew - can't wait to see what piccies you get with it! As Michael and Dave said, go for the 'straight through' approach for taking a photo with the Skylux. Btw, how much does a Canon 300D weigh?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds