• JohnONeill
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 7 months ago #22605 by JohnONeill
No February S&T was created by JohnONeill
Hi,

I wonder if anybody else is still waiting for their February 2006 Sky and Telescope.

The delivery has been very poor and erratic in the last couple of years with a spread of over four weeks in delivery time.

It's in the newstands for a while.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #22610 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: No February S&T
On this note - did anyone ever see a January edition of Astronomy now? I couldn't find one anywhere.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

More
18 years 7 months ago #22611 by jeyjey
Replied by jeyjey on topic Re: No February S&T
John --

I haven't received my Feb S&T yet either.

Then again, my Economist delivery is so erratic that I sometimes get two issues on the same day (although at least that's a weekly -- if An Post managed to get a month behind then I'd really give up hope).

-- Jeff.

Nikon 18x70s / UA Millennium                              Colorado:
Solarscope SF70 / TV Pronto / AP400QMD             Coronado SolarMax40 DS / Bogen 055+3130
APM MC1610 / Tak FC-125 / AP1200GTO               Tak Mewlon 250 / AP600EGTO

More
18 years 7 months ago #22614 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: No February S&T
nope, no sign of my Feb Sky and T. either John. I think it would be worth sending them a note raising hell . . . since their distribution switched to that French crowd it's been a disaster. Bad enough their annual air traffic control strikes without the little blighters trying to extend their influence to the cosmic-crossroads :)

John

• michaeloconnell
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 7 months ago #22617 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: No February S&T
Same here, no February S&T.
Denise subscribes to Night Sky mag, and there was no sign of the Jan/Feb issue of that either.

Very disappointing! :x

More
18 years 7 months ago #22619 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: No February S&T
Gentlemen,

I receive my issues five weeks prior to the cover date and the Feb/2006 issue was no exception. In fact I should be receiving the Mar/2006 issue this week.

I am surprised at the difference in delivery dates given we are all in Europe and the distributor in France is right smack in the middle between us.

As for Astronomy Now (Jan/2006) issue, for the first time during my multi-yr subscription it is (very) late. I renewed my subscription slightly late and kindly asked them to make sure it is dated in such a way that there is no interruption in my issues. I wonder if this is an omen ... January issues for all magazines are generally exhausted immediately due to special contents and supplements for the new year.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds