K-Tec

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ -- THINK before you post

More
18 years 7 months ago #23411 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ -- THINK before you post

Another example is to perhaps an Atmospherics Astronomy thread, so that Martin and Conor can clutter that one on their own.

You know I was thinking EXACTLY that this morning.

Then, just do it! :P

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frank Concannon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 7 months ago #23492 by Frank Concannon
Replied by Frank Concannon on topic Re: IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ -- THINK before you post
One last question.

How many people are involved in managing the BB?

As I understand it the point of this technology is to save us all time from doing mundane tasks and set us free to "be all we can be" etc.

This should be doing everything for us.

fc

More
18 years 7 months ago #23498 by voyager

One last question.

How many people are involved in managing the BB?

As I understand it the point of this technology is to save us all time from doing mundane tasks and set us free to "be all we can be" etc.

This should be doing everything for us.

fc

Myself, Al White & a team of about 10 moderators. I am the only code monkey for the boards ATM.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 7 months ago #23516 by albertw

Myself, Al White & a team of about 10 moderators. I am the only code monkey for the boards ATM.

Though I've stood back from any moderation (all I did was move posts btw!). I really just step in when Bart goes on holidays.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
18 years 7 months ago #23524 by lionsden
I also think that a “History of Astronomy” is an area that is neglected and a new forum here may serve to draw interest to this area. The purpose of IFAS is to promote and develop amateur astronomy in Ireland. Let’s give this area a chance to develop. I feel that other suggested forums (within reason) should also be given a chance to flourish. If they fail to spark interest, surely the can be removed at a later date? On the other hand, they may surprise us.

The list of forums does need to be looked at. I think that "General" forum may be a catch all, but if you look at the number of threads on it, perhaps it's catching too much! The number of threads in there is seriously disproportionate to every other forum. If there is a worry that there will be too many forums, then perhaps we should look and see what’s there. A certain amount of “tweaking" may be needed:

1) Stars - Multiple and Variable (only 11 threads in two and a half years!)

2) Feedback (only 13 threads in two and a half years!) – isn’t this just the "Bugs and Suggestions" forum doubled up?

3) Links - not even a real forum!- A well layed out page would serve just as well.

4) Books forum – this forum was agreed upon, but never implemented.

Just my two cents worth……

P.S. CloudyNights have loads of forums, it doesn't seem to do them any harm. Not finding a forum of your particular interest may.

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds