Web browser

• darragh
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 3 months ago #29790 by darragh
Web browser was created by darragh
The WebTeam is working on a new design and to ensure we get the best design for the users, we need to find out what web browsers you normally use to browse this site.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #29791 by Eirikg
Replied by Eirikg on topic Re: Web browser
Cant speak for all browsers, but for firefox, safari and IE its pretty easy to get the same design with CSS, ofcource you have some limits like using the relative thickness values ect. So you have to use px or pt. Keep it simple and the webteam wont get to much trouble with compatibility ;)

More
18 years 3 months ago #29792 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: Web browser
Firefox here - with Opera as backup one. I disagree with Eirikg - IE doesn't use the same CSS standards as the W3C - so pages can look different in it.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

More
18 years 3 months ago #29793 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Web browser

Firefox here - with Opera as backup one. I disagree with Eirikg - IE doesn't use the same CSS standards as the W3C - so pages can look different in it.

Indeed they CAN because IE messes up the box-model but if you design in such a way that you only set the (margin, padding, border) OR the width on any one box then all is generally well. There are also sometimes a few differences with the default alignings of things but in general being nice an explicit with everything will sort that out for you.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 3 months ago #29794 by Eirikg
that was what i was trying to say, it isnt that hard to make it work, its just to bad you have to be causious in the first place because of IE's lack of following stanards

More
18 years 3 months ago #29796 by Eirikg

I said there was some limits ;)

Edit: Limitation is probably a better word

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds