K-Tec

Web browser

More
18 years 3 months ago #29850 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Web browser

I'm sure that can be arranged and I'd have to agree with Dave here. The page does not have to be identical in both, it just has to look good in both and be functional in both.

I'd agree with that also..I guess it was just the poll that rubbed me up the wrong way..As long as the site is accessible to all

Cheers
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #29884 by Eirikg
Replied by Eirikg on topic Re: Web browser
If you just avoid the "differences" between IE and firefox there isnt any problem, site will look 99% the same.

Made a site not long ago were i came aross this IE vs Firefox problem. When declaring size of border (in css) i set thin. This is different from the browsers . So it looked like **** in IE :P But there is always an soulution, mine was easy, setting border with pixles.

Im not sure why this poll is even needed. Because a site should always work 100% the same in all browsers and look the same 99% anyway, and its not hard to make that work.

*foul language edited by moderator*

More
18 years 3 months ago #29887 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Web browser

Im not sure why this poll is even needed. Because a site should always work 100% the same in all browsers and look the same 99% anyway, and its not hard to make that work.

Consider it part of the web teams "market research" into our projects! :D

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 3 months ago #29892 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Firefox for me too

Keith..

More
18 years 3 months ago #29896 by donkearns
Replied by donkearns on topic Re: Web browser

Dave Lillis wrote: I'm an avid fan of firefox because of the brilliant idea of using tabs across the top of the screen for individual pages, while IE has to have seperate windows which clutters the screen. If IE was actually a better browsers, then I'd use it.
I dont avoid IE just because its from MS.
quote]

I use IE V6 and I have tabbed browsing. Available with a free download from MS (comes with the MSN search toolbar download).

Don

I really must think of something interesting to use as a tag line!

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds