K-Tec

Excellent weather forecasting website

More
19 years 7 months ago #9090 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: Excellent weather forecasting website

Sorry Stephen, I find that all a bit hard to believe. Sounds very dubious to me.

micheal,
check this out, ye of little faith :wink: .
www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/hori...g_prog_summary.shtml
stephen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 7 months ago #9091 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Excellent weather forecasting website
Stephen,
I saw that horison program, very enlightening.
Due to the lack of contrails after 9/11, the days that all flights were grounded, the nights were 1 full degree colder and the days were 1 full degree hotter in the US, it instantly undid itself when flights resumed.

I remember the global dimming/warming sections also, it concluded that the first world caused the droughts in northern Africa during the 80s which caused the famines back then :cry:

As for receint weather, I can remember spells in the 90s where there were months on end where it was nothing but cloud, in fact the entire mid 80s also seemed like this, and I remember a patch around 2001-2002 that was like this also. I wouldn't look to much into the last 6 months as meaning anything special.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 7 months ago #9094 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: Excellent weather forecasting website

Stephen,
Due to the lack of contrails after 9/11, the days that all flights were grounded, the nights were 1 full degree colder and the days were 1 full degree hotter in the US, it instantly undid itself when flights resumed.

I remember the global dimming/warming sections also, it concluded that the first world caused the droughts in northern Africa during the 80s which caused the famines back then :cry:

As for receint weather, I can remember spells in the 90s where there were months on end where it was nothing but cloud, in fact the entire mid 80s also seemed like this, and I remember a patch around 2001-2002 that was like this also. I wouldn't look to much into the last 6 months as meaning anything special.

well dave it may not make the last 6 months very special, but it is a longer term thing. it could mean in the future even more cloudy nights even if that is not what we want to hear. there will be a point that it will probably start to become runaway. short terms extremes will happen. what is more worrying though is it's long term effects on the planet as well as people health.
stephen.

More
19 years 7 months ago #9095 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Excellent weather forecasting website
It also concluded that the point of no return is only about 20-25 years away,
and that this part of the world will either become like Southern Spain or northern Finland, personally, I'd hope for the Spain option.
In 100 years time, average temp will be a full 10 degrees higher then now.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 7 months ago #9096 by John OBrien
Replied by John OBrien on topic Re: Excellent weather forecasting website

Stephen,

I posted this link to APOD a good while back worth checking out again.

Picture of contrails over the US...

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap041013.html

:shock:

"We are the music makers ... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - W.W.

More
19 years 7 months ago #9112 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Excellent weather forecasting website

I remember a patch around 2001-2002 that was like this also.

I remember that - it was one of the wettest Irish summers on record in 2002. Dee and I went to Spain for the month of June in 2002. The lowest temperature recorded in the 29 days we were there was 29 degrees (in Alcala de Henares where we stayed, near Madrid), while it only rained on 1 day for June (our second last day there), and the hotest temperature was 45 degrees.

In Ireland, highest temperature of all that summer was 22 degrees, while July had rain akin to April.

I believe that this world is definitely acting up!

:x

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds