K-Tec

Excellent weather forecasting website

More
20 years 3 months ago #3228 by markdj
Replied by markdj on topic Re: Excellent weather forecasting website
Checking out the forecasts again, I see Metcheck and WeatherWorld have changed their minds and are both giving opposite forecasts.

Again, The Weather Outlook is "sticking to it's guns" for good weather. Metcheck give fairly clear skies from Monday through to Tuesday evening.

The East Antrim Astronomical Society will be having a webcast on their website at:

www.eaas.co.uk/news/20040608_venustransit.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #3229 by ctr
and weather watcher is giving mostly cloudly for Tuesday morn :cry:

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
20 years 3 months ago #3230 by markdj
Replied by markdj on topic Re: Excellent weather forecasting website
Weather Watcher uses data from The Weather Channel.

How about trying Met. Eireann? I've always found them accurate. Here's their outlook.

3 Day Outlook:
Becoming unsettled, but remaining fairly warm. Mostly dry Monday night and into Tuesday, with sunshine in places again on Tuesday. Rain becoming widespread later Tuesday, Tuesday night and early Wednesday, and turning heavy and thundery in places. Clearing up on Wednesday - becoming brighter and drier, with sunny spells, and a bit fresher also. Breezy and blustery on Thursday, with sunshine and scattered heavy showers.

More
20 years 3 months ago #3231 by ctr
Thats cheered me up :D

Thanks

Conor

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
19 years 7 months ago #9054 by SimonLogan
Replied by SimonLogan on topic Is the weather getting worse?
Hi folks,

This is my first post on this forum. I have searched for this question and couldn't find it, but I apologise if it has been asked before.

I have wanted a telescope for about 20 years, and I finally bought one last october. Since then I have got to use it maybe 5 times. I live in Bangor and we have had 100% cloud cover pretty much 28 days a month. The last time I did any serious astronomy was about 10 years ago and I seem to remember the winter having a fair number of nice clear nights. Am I suffering from rose tinted specs, or is the weather getting worse? Maybe Bangor is just a really bad location for astronomy. I had plans to convert my garage roof into an observatory, but that is obviously pointless if I can only use it once a month.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Simon

More
19 years 7 months ago #9057 by carlos_dfc
Replied by carlos_dfc on topic Re: Excellent weather forecasting website
I can only speak for the North-East of england, but we do seem to have had an unusually high percentage of cloudy nights so far this winter.

here's the Met office page that has satellite photos of cloud cover over the UK, updated hourly.

IR pic (great at night)
www.meto.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

and the visible light pic (daytime only)
www.meto.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_vis.html

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds