Blown streetlight

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 10 months ago #35765 by lunartic_old
Blown streetlight was created by lunartic_old
There are 3 streetlights that look in on my back garden, one to the north, one to east and one to the south. The light to the north blew last night :D . A similar incident happened last year, during the summer, when the light to the south blew. The council took their time in fixing it, thankfully, as this afforded me excellent views of the southern summer Milky Way. After some weeks, and probably plenty of complaints from the neighbours, they fixed it :cry: . However, it blew soon after, and no, it wasn't me who broke it :wink: . In the end they got it right :twisted: , but during those brief couple of weeks I was treated to wonderful sights. Now with the northern light gone I wonder what the chances are of the southern one blowing in time for the southern winter Milky Way to appear :wink:

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #35767 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Blown streetlight
There has been some construction out the back of my place recently and a very high hedge and boundary wall was removed, my whole back garden is now flooded with light from a light that looks like an old fasioned lantern which is about 50 ft away from my back....It is now almost impossible to do any observing from my place. I wonder if this light will blow soon enough also???...

Cheers
Trevor

More
17 years 10 months ago #35770 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Blown streetlight

I wonder if this light will blow soon enough also???...

Arrange for it to be so... ;)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 9 months ago #35781 by pmgisme
Replied by pmgisme on topic Re: Blown streetlight
If the public gets even a hint that astronomers are zapping streetlights,not only will it confirm them in their well founded belief that we are all mad nocturnal loonies,it wont do Astronomy any good AT ALL !

Peter.

More
17 years 9 months ago #35782 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Blown streetlight
Good point, if you turn off anything dont put it up here.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
17 years 9 months ago #35783 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Blown streetlight
Who said anything about zapping or turning off lights...I merely speculated on the odds of this light blowing like the lights annoying lunartic.

Cheers
Trevor

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds