K-Tec

Hello, I'm New Here! PADDY'S IN SPACE!

• John37309
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
17 years 8 months ago #38037 by John37309
Replied by John37309 on topic Re: Hello, I'm New Here! PADDY'S IN SPACE!
Yep, just had a look at the number of new people who have signed up and have never posted anything. I would ask why?.

Of coarse many will never post anyway and just dont have the intrest. But if you join a new club and nobody talks to you. And you find the place confusing, why would you go back?

Plus many of the sticky notices are written in a very militant fashion. Telling you what to do and what not to do.

This is what the new commer reads when they visit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #38045 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Hello, I'm New Here! PADDY'S IN SPACE!

It was 3 days after sign up that i got a response from Admin saying that i could post.

Apologies for that, we're usually much faster but with the holiday season we seem to be a few hands short.

Welcome aboard and thanks for your comments, feedback is always good to get, keeps us focused!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 8 months ago #38061 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re: Hello, I'm New Here! PADDY'S IN SPACE!
John,

Welcome, and stick around. This place is very interesting, informative, chock full of great people who do not mind passing on advice yada yada yada, ad infinitum. :lol: From quantum / Astro physics to cute astrophotography you will get all the information you can handle, and lots of colourful comments as you go :wink: . This is easily one of the best astronomy bulletin boards in the world!! Don't bother looking further afield. Give the format a chance, though your not wrong in what you say! :roll:

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

More
17 years 8 months ago #38481 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Hello, I'm New Here! PADDY'S IN SPACE!

IFAS also has it's own team for seti@home setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=39697
which has been going for a few years now, it is good to see there are more irish teams out there.

Just switched teams from the Sun group to IFAS for a while. See if we can get the team numbers a little higher :-)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 8 months ago #38483 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Hello, I'm New Here! PADDY'S IN SPACE!

Dave, it was just my annitial observation of the board and no offence is ment by it. As i went through the various sections of the board and what was posted in them, I was confused as to what to post and where i should post it. I read a lott of the stickey notices in each section and i started to get the picture. But i had to read a lot of messages before i understood the set up.

No offence was taken, we want feedback, if there is a problem we'll do our best to get it fixed, as you might have seen in already, after all, there is a
"Bugs, Suggestion, Feedback" forum,
www.irishastronomy.org/boards/viewforum.php?f=9
so, comments are appreciated. I'm glad you are making good use of the site.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• John37309
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
17 years 8 months ago #39473 by John37309
Replied by John37309 on topic Re: Hello, I'm New Here! PADDY'S IN SPACE!
To, Kerry Stargazer, Dave Grennan, John Murphy, Dave Lillis, Stepryan and Voyager Thank you for the welcome. I have been finding this message board to be very good. There is a lot of useful information here and i am glad to be a part of it.

Stepryan, I am glad to meet others who also share the same intrest in seti@home. Its good to see you team doing well. The teams are just for fun anyway. We are all helping in the same project. Keep them team members crunching! :D

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds