K-Tec

Poll - regular broadcast slot for Amateur Astronomy

More
17 years 5 months ago #43557 by dave_lillis
Wow, we even have Peter on our side, it just has to be a great idea :wink: :lol:

If this was to work out, it would be fantastic for Irish astronomy, someone like yourself is well in the know about what's going on in the Astro community and sky, you have the connections in the Astro community through IFAS in Clubs and Societies across the entire country and would be well able to get it across and would have a good listenership me thinks.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #43558 by ctr
go for it guys. :P

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
17 years 5 months ago #43560 by voyager

Hey - who said anything about me doing it? I reckon you'd be a natural Bart - you can even edit!

*blush* nice of you to say but if you'd ever heard a 'raw' recording of the podcast you'd sooooo not say that! I have to go back and redo almost every sentence ... well ... so it seems anyway!

I'd like to see everyone who is willing be given a chance. After all, its probably a little more time consuming than you think. For one person to do it all, that would be a heck of a chore. Right Bart?

Yup, it's surprising how much time and effort goes into filling even a small slot. The podcast is great because it can be as long or as short as I have time to make it. A regular slot on the radio however - that always has to be exactly the right length. No small task at all.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 5 months ago #43576 by dmcdona
Bart - I will of course mention in any submission that we fill a one hour slot monthly (the Podcast) - so there's plenty of material there. And yes, you *are* a natural.

Dave L - I know we're probably getting ahead of ourselves - me may just get a 'nope' response... But still, I would hope that any programme (like the Podcast) would be a combination of different folks. Besides, even if e.g RTE were to go ahead, they may well have an existing presenter they give it to - Mary Mulvhill would be great as would Leo Enright.

The key is to get a proposal togehter for them when this poll closes and see what happens.

Peter - I figured you were kidding but I couldn;t help myself in my reply - I was only kidding too (well half-kidding :wink: ).

Thanks for all the interest so far folks - keep those votes coming in.

Cheers
Dave

More
17 years 5 months ago #43581 by dave_lillis
Whoever did it would need a crash course on Irish astronomy, I suppose it would be perfect if the person was a practising amateur astronomer, although someone like Mary Mulvhill would still do a great job and Leo was also be excellent.
The problem is that it can be quite obvious if someone who is not in the know is trying to discuss something they don't know alot about, so I'd imagine the possible presenter list from RTE would be quite short for this.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
17 years 5 months ago #43586 by voyager

Bart - I will of course mention in any submission that we fill a one hour slot monthly (the Podcast) - so there's plenty of material there. And yes, you *are* a natural.

I think a half hour is a more realistic measure. We go over it some months, under it others but I don't think we've had a single hour long show.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds