K-Tec

Poll - regular broadcast slot for Amateur Astronomy

More
17 years 5 months ago #43534 by albertw

In all fairness Dave, Is it not like asking Steve Staunton if Ireland deserved to win the match. Were hardly gonna say no now are we?

I dunno. We're going to have to put up with his accent going on and on about his observatory and nuclear blast proof mount! He'll end up being famous - in Celbridge anyway. It'll go to his head :)

Steve Staunton... ah I can see it now...

I'm the astronomer, I'm the gaffer and at the end of the day what I say goes.

I have been looking at a lot of asteroids very closely over the last month and the time is right to give some new rocks the opportunity to be imaged by my cameras.

Those stars had that little bit of luck. There should have been stoppage time on that exposure but here wasn't. You need a little bit of luck, no matter how good you are. They got it and I didn't and the rest is history.

oh ok yes then!

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 5 months ago #43535 by dmcdona
In all fairness, I have to go to RTE with something but I hear ya Dave!

Hey - who said anything about me doing it? I reckon you'd be a natural Bart - you can even edit!

I'd like to see everyone who is willing be given a chance. After all, its probably a little more time consuming than you think. For one person to do it all, that would be a heck of a chore. Right Bart?

Of course it'll be a biased poll - but like I say, we can go to RTE wiht "x amateurs would like a regular broadcast slot"

Anhow

"Well, whilst you say the residuals are not good, its still a result accpted by the MPC. That's all that counts. We will improve and we will train our mounts to the limit. We will collimate as much as we can do and I see lots of progress there. But the boy done well. 2006 VV2 is not going to have any impact - just like you"

More
17 years 5 months ago #43536 by Matthew C
Come on guys lets give lots of votes! Here the start of an irish sky at night! :o :wink: :D

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time. . . .
T. S. Eliot
A wise man....

More
17 years 5 months ago #43549 by pmgisme
Waste of time.

The unwashed masses are only interested in irrational nonsense such as Sport and Reality TV.

Peter.

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 5 months ago #43551 by dmcdona
Peter - glad to see you're response is in keeping with your general form. :wink:

As it happens, of all the QL articles, they always get the most response from the listeners when there's an astronomy related subject on the show.

Dave

More
17 years 5 months ago #43552 by pmgisme
Just kidding Dave.
I'm an unwashed mass myself this morning.
Of course its a good idea!

Peter.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds