K-Tec

The IFAS Boards: 4 years on the go...

More
17 years 4 months ago #45471 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: The IFAS Boards: 4 years on the go...
These boards have totally changed the internet for me and how we all as astronomers work and co-operate across the country. I also think is has brought all the clubs alot closer together.

Bart was the first member back May 2nd 2003, is that not 4 years ago ??

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 4 months ago #45477 by Paul FitzGerald
Replied by Paul FitzGerald on topic Re: The IFAS Boards: 4 years on the go...

What would be the signal/noise ratio on that now on wonder... :wink:

:lol:

Paul Fitz
MAC Treasurer

'Astronomy shows how small and insignificant and rare and precious we all are.' - Contact.

More
17 years 4 months ago #45480 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: The IFAS Boards: 4 years on the go...

These boards have totally changed the internet for me and how we all as astronomers work and co-operate across the country. I also think is has brought all the clubs alot closer together.

I was thinking that too! I could have sworn that the last 'birthday' we celebrated was 3 :)

Also, these boards are not IFAS, they are but a small part of IFAS so perhaps Seanies title for this thread needs a wee tweak!

The people who make these boards worth while are the members. The reality is that the tech is not very fancy, it could be a lot fancier in fact! It just provides a very basic forum to support communication. The technology alone is worthless! Anyone with some basic IT skills could do what I do here. It really is nothing special. It's the members that are special.

So, hats off to the members. Thanks for sticking around here through our various little tiffs and incidents!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 4 months ago #45482 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: The IFAS Boards: 4 years on the go...
I think Bart deserves alot of credit for this website. Apart from creating it, which is a task in itself, it is his constant unselfish voluntary work that goes on behind the scenes that makes this website what it is today. It's easy for us all to log on and use this great facility, but it takes alot of unseen hours of work to keep it going. On behalf of IFAS I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Bart for his trojan efforts.

Furthermore, I think special thanks is also due to all the members of the website here. Without you, this place would be very quiet! ;-) We in IFAS hope you enjoy the website, find it a friendly & useful environment and of course wish you 365 clear nights each year to put to practice all the great advice on offer here! :)

Best Regards and Roll on the Next 4 Years,

More
17 years 4 months ago #45483 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: The IFAS Boards: 4 years on the go...

I think Bart deserves alot of credit for this website. Apart from creating it, which is a task in itself, it is his constant unselfish voluntary work that goes on behind the scenes that makes this website what it is today. It's easy for us all to log on and use this great facility, but it takes alot of unseen hours of work to keep it going. On behalf of IFAS I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Bart for his trojan efforts.

Furthermore, I think special thanks is also due to all the members of the website here. Without you, this place would be very quiet! ;-) We in IFAS hope you enjoy the website, find it a friendly & useful environment and of course wish you 365 clear nights each year to put to practice all the great advice on offer here! :)

Best Regards and Roll on the Next 4 Years,

Couldn't agree more.

Cheers
Trevor

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 4 months ago #45486 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: The IFAS Boards: 4 years on the go...

Yep, my mistake! Don't know how I fluffed that one! :oops: I corrected the thread heading!

S.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds