K-Tec

Explosion in Rush

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
17 years 2 months ago #48235 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Explosion in Rush
Some guys from work reported this from skerries. They said some windows were rattled and houses shook. Some other reports said the explosion was in the direction of the beach. The fire brigade found nothing.

I thought of a meteor too, but then I thought it might be an old munition exploding. If it happened even a small bit off shore nobody would find a trace.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DaveGrennan
More
17 years 2 months ago #48236 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Explosion in Rush
See;

www.rte.ie/news/2007/0702/rush.html

I mean what weather phenomenon that you know of causes a large explosion that causes windows to rattle and houses to shake?? They're really clutching at straws.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

More
17 years 2 months ago #48238 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re: Explosion in Rush
How many houses got destroyed?
Was it just a case of some shells of mid-construction
semi-d's collapsing due to wind and rain?

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

More
17 years 2 months ago #48340 by phae
Replied by phae on topic Re: Explosion in Rush
Hi, we were camping at Northbeach on Sunday night and the explosion was huge, shook the ground and set off car/ house alarms. Ten mins later emergency services arrived and then two helicopters searching a specific area of the sea and beach.
Our first thought was bomb, then gas explosion. Now think maybe old bomb in sea. We saw no smoke.
Flew back to England early next morning, very intrigued. Lovely taxi driver we met texted me local news report and have been checking on net for explanation. Definately not thunder or freak weather!!!!
Phae

More
17 years 2 months ago #48342 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Explosion in Rush

Hi, we were camping at Northbeach on Sunday night and the explosion was huge, shook the ground and set off car/ house alarms. Ten mins later emergency services arrived and then two helicopters searching a specific area of the sea and beach.
Our first thought was bomb, then gas explosion. Now think maybe old bomb in sea. We saw no smoke.
Flew back to England early next morning, very intrigued. Lovely taxi driver we met texted me local news report and have been checking on net for explanation. Definately not thunder or freak weather!!!!
Phae

Thanks very much for the update! Great to hear from someone who actually witnessed what ever it was. If you find out any more do please post back. We'd love to figure it out.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds