• Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 2 months ago #48497 by Frank Ryan
Hosting services was created by Frank Ryan
Hi all.
The free host for my website is down and I'm thinking its
probably a good idea to pay a few Euros to have a reliable host.

Anyone any other thoughts?

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #48499 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Hosting services
I was with GoDaddy for a year. However, in the least few months of my year with them, I had awful trouble with my e-mail and decided to move. Went with Bart's hosting service and all is fine so far.

More
17 years 2 months ago #48501 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Hosting services

Went with Bart's hosting service and all is fine so far.

+1 for Bart/H365

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 2 months ago #48503 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Hosting services
+2 for Bart/H365

Been with Bart for a couple of years now - absolutely no issues from either Bart or H365. The price even dropped this year :D

If I remember rightly, the price for this year including my domain name, was about 75 quid.

HTH

Dave

p.s. I'm *not* on commission :wink:

More
17 years 2 months ago #48505 by artyfarty
Replied by artyfarty on topic Re: Hosting services
Just to add some other options for you to look at I've been using www.nomonthlyfees.com/ for the last two years while studying for an MSc in Learning Technologies (e-Learning) and I've done all my projects using this site (Moodle learning Management System, Joomla Content Management and PHPSUrveyer to name a few apps used).

The admin area offers you a very good control panel and also includes "Fantastico" a collection of scripts which make installing powerful web applications. For more information click here

If you want to see a demo I can give you admin access to a second domain they gave me free after I renewed my initial subscription, just send me a PM

Edit: I'm not on a commission either but I'd like to have as many options as possible.

More
17 years 2 months ago #48506 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Hosting services

Just to add some other options for you to look at I've been using www.nomonthlyfees.com/ for the last two years while studying for an MSc in Learning Technologies (e-Learning) and I've done all my projects using this site (Moodle learning Management System, Joomla Content Management and PHPSUrveyer to name a few apps used).

Do they provide joomla etc. as part of the package?

Just wondering as one thing that can get annoying is updating your own software. The new ILPAC site uses joomla and SDAS uses mediawiki. Keeping up with the security alerts and keeping the software all up to date can be a pain. Sometimes I wonder if using a provider that kept things up to date would be easier. Then again I'd just find myself needing to install something else that was unsupported anyway!

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds