K-Tec

Amazing image of Northern Cygnus by Rod Gendler.

• DaveGrennan
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
17 years 1 day ago #51252 by DaveGrennan
Is this the best deep sky image you've ever seen?

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0709/CygnusmosaicL_gendler.jpg

Rob Gendler's image of northern Cygnus. I bet most didn't even know there was that amount of nebulosity there! I didn't.

Mindblowing.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 day ago #51254 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Amazing image of Northern Cygnus by Rod Gendler.
Mind blowing is right... so much nebulous detail in there. Think any of you hardcore astrophotographers here can produce something similar? ;)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• DaveGrennan
  • Topic Author
More
17 years 1 day ago #51256 by DaveGrennan

Mind blowing is right... so much nebulous detail in there. Think any of you hardcore astrophotographers here can produce something similar? ;)

I doubt it. Not with our weather. You'd need inky black skies, clear skies 100's of nights per year and equipment that would cost as much as many peoples homes. Even if you had the money to but this equipment you'd need to consider siting it abroad to get any kind of value out of it, i suspect.

Have a look at Rob's gear;

www.robgendlerastropics.com/Nighthawk.html

Any idea how much a 20" RCOS costs? Base price USD 54,000. Don't hink you'd get that one past the VAT man:)

Look here and be amazed!

www.rcopticalsystems.com/20inchtruss.html

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

More
17 years 1 day ago #51258 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Amazing image of Northern Cygnus by Rod Gendler.
Incredible images taken from ideal skies with amazing gear by a seriously talented astrophotographer. Doesn't get any better than this.

More
17 years 1 day ago #51262 by dmcdona
I'm sure he had a 32" at one time. There was a picture of his missus sitting on the counterweight shaft bucking bronco style...

He's probably the best - in the Guinness Book of Records for his Andromeda image...

More
17 years 1 day ago #51264 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Amazing image of Northern Cygnus by Rod Gendler.
That's some amazing equipment he's lucky to have.

What kind of exposure time are we looking at here?

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds