K-Tec

Cokin graduated filters for dslr

More
16 years 9 months ago #56440 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: Cokin graduated filters for dslr
Hi Trevor and everyone,

I would also recommend downloading the Practical Photography guides from www.photoanswers.co.uk/Advice/Search-Res...s/Free-field-guides/

The guides have tons of advice on all aspects of D-SLR photography and came free with various issues of the printed magazine originally.

If you are doing landscape/sunset photography Trevor then you should maybe look at adding graduated sunset and graduated blue filters as well. The ND filters I'd tend to use where you want to change a couple of stops from what is metered ... e.g. the classic use of an ND filter is to give a "silky" feel to a shot of water flowing over a waterfall or rocks on a river bed.

Have a good weekend!

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #56441 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Cokin graduated filters for dslr

HI would also recommend downloading the Practical Photography guides from www.photoanswers.co.uk/Advice/Search-Res...s/Free-field-guides/

The guides have tons of advice on all aspects of D-SLR photography and came free with various issues of the printed magazine originally.

Best photo magazine around imho.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
16 years 6 months ago #64764 by fguihen
Replied by fguihen on topic Re: Cokin graduated filters for dslr
This site has everything!! I was searching google on this exact topic and irishastronomy came up!!! your one stop shop for info on all things optical!!

thanks for the help guys, on the advice here, im going for this:

cgi.ebay.ie/Cokin-P-ND-Grad-Kit-H250A-P1...sidZp1742.m153.l1262

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds