K-Tec

amateur astronomer other hobbies/interests

More
16 years 1 month ago #72363 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re:amateur astronomer other hobbies/interests
Now theres something I'd like to see...
Niko and the Master Chief duking it out...
:silly:

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
16 years 1 month ago #72367 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Re:amateur astronomer other hobbies/interests
I enjoy painting on canvas, here are a few

picasaweb.google.com/skysketcher/Mars

Going to the theatre, listening to jazz,writing and swimming, keeps me sane :) am I sane ? ?:lol: :silly:: blink:

Deirdre Kelleghan
www.deirdrekelleghan.com

More
16 years 1 month ago #72369 by fguihen
Replied by fguihen on topic Re:amateur astronomer other hobbies/interests
Photography has really grabbed me this year so spend a lot of time taking too many pics and then deleting them, or playing with the ones i like in photoshop.

Hiking, which ties in nicely with photography as its a good opportunity to get some nice shots, or try new stuff with the camera.

Taken up the guitar again and really getting into acoustic blues, although the metal-head in me grabs the lecky axe occasionally!

And i have to agree with Frank, halo, especially halo 3. i started it again for the 3rd time a few weeks ago and its still fab, never get bored of it. reason alone get a 360. have read most of the halo novels and they really tie the story together nicely, as they are all heavily influenced by bungie and refrence the coveted halo story bible that bungie keep heavily under wraps which contains all details of the halo universe.

Reading sci-fi and horror novels is always good also.

More
16 years 1 month ago #72371 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re:amateur astronomer other hobbies/interests
:ohmy: how did I forget sci-fi, I used to be a complete sci-fi nut many years ago,
I also collect useless gizmos and gadgets like this
www.ultimateglobes.com/4-Magnetic-Levita...n-p/cr-6889-1092.htm

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
16 years 1 month ago #72372 by John D
I mainly enjoy going fishing. Its a fairly relaxing sport at times but other times it can drive me around the bend. I also like computers as well as music (Im MTV's biggest music fan:laugh:)

John

More
16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #72373 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re:amateur astronomer other hobbies/interests
After years of traipsing up to the Wicklow mountains with the scope for a weekend of looking at the underside of clouds, I took up hang gliding to have something to do when there would obviously be no observing opportunities... Unfortunately the hang gliding rather took over and the astronomy took a back seat for a few years while I revelled in this new adrenalin sport (and picked myself out of the odd hedge that got in the way of an otherwise perfect landing!) I'm now getting back into the astronomy again!

Other than that... I keep bees (around 10 hives this year), brew some truly lethal suiCider from my 30-odd apple trees, fight a continuous rear-guard action against my garden and continue to occasionally build my dream star-palace in the garden!

Phil
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 years 1 month ago by philiplardner.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds