• Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #73364 by lunartic_old
I Hate Calibos was created by lunartic_old
Hi

As the header says, "I hate Calibos".

Last Friday night we had an observing session and Keith got M33 in his 12" dob, it was a wonderful sight and there was even a hint of the spiral structure, before this M33 was only a blob in binos.

This got me to thinking, maybe I'd like a larger scope than my 5" refractor and I scoured the web. I came across the Meade Lightbridge scopes and I saw the 16" version, that was the one, I had to get a bigger scope than Keith:P . I checked the price, not too bad.

Then I thought I'd need a laser collimator.
Then I thought I'd need a light shroud.
Then I thought I'd need a TnT tracking system.
Then I thought I'd need a JMI trolley to cart it around.
Then I thought I'd need a right angle finderscope.
Then I Thought I'd need a few new eyepieces.

Totalled it up and that's when the snag hit, I've only got about €100 to my name:blush:

I began to look at bank websites to check out the loans they offer.

I talked to the wife, she looked to heaven and sighed before checking if the insurance policy covers insanity.

I checked again, still only €100.

I feel sick:S

If that bloody Keith hadn't shown me M33 in his bloody big scope none of this would have happened, I hope he's happy with himself and the emotional and mental damage he's caused.

I HATE CALIBOS

PS: You know I don't mean it Keith

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
Last edit: 15 years 11 months ago by lunartic_old.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #73366 by phoenix
Replied by phoenix on topic Re:I Hate Calibos
Keith if you'd bought it then it would have cost you more on medical bills due to back injury. The 16" Lightbridge is a heavy beast and best to have a mate to help carry it.

Kieran
16" ODK (incoming), Mesu Mount 200, APM TMB 80mm, SXV H16, SXV H9
J16 An Carraig Observatory
ancarraigobservatory.co.uk/

More
15 years 11 months ago #73367 by fguihen
Replied by fguihen on topic Re:I Hate Calibos
I feel your pain Keith. looked through mike murphys 11" sct one night. the 6" pales in comparison.

Unfortunately, like yourself more expenditure on astro gear, which was discussed and I was told it was a silly idea and a waste of savings :(

so I guess I hate Keith also, and Dave L, and Mike Murphy, and Carl O B for all having lashings of apature at their disposal to turn faint fuzzies into beautifully defined spirals! grrrrrrrrrr

More
15 years 11 months ago #73368 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re:I Hate Calibos
Look on the bright side,

With all this c$%p weather you can feel all smug 'cos you haven't spent all that cash to get super high quality views of clouds and rain;)

Michael.

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
15 years 11 months ago #73384 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:I Hate Calibos
Why are people calling me Keith?

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
15 years 11 months ago #73385 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re:I Hate Calibos
fguihen wrote:

so I guess I hate Keith also, and Dave L, and Mike Murphy, and Carl O B for all having lashings of apature at their disposal to turn faint fuzzies into beautifully defined spirals! grrrrrrrrrr

you'd wanna be careful, next time your up a ladder looking through an eyepiece you might have an accident where the ladder mysteriously falls over ;) :laugh:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds