I Hate Calibos

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
15 years 11 months ago #73387 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:I Hate Calibos

With all this c$%p weather you can feel all smug 'cos you haven't spent all that cash

Having no money is one of the major drawbacks at this moment.:laugh:

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #73388 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re:I Hate Calibos
Oh thank god!:laugh:

When I read the thread title I panicked,

S^&* S^$#, what did I do, what did I say, oh no I have inadvertently offended Paul....

:laugh:

Well Paul, I hate you too, for yours and Daves vastly greater viewing experience. Your well trained eyes. Your ability to discern spiral structure in M33 where I just saw a big faint blob!!:laugh: I am the impetuous, impatient luke, to your and Daves Yoda and ObiWan!

Can you see the arms of M33 and the colour in the Blue Snowball luke/keith......I'll try masters.....NO! Do or do not, there is no try, Let the astronomers force, Flow, through you young Jedi

:laugh:

In saying, that I was thrilled just to see it and realise how huge it is in the EP. Never saw it from my backgarden and its not like I couldn't find it. The DSC computer would have put me right on it. The LP was just too much in bray. IIRC I was using a very Low power EP. Should have spent more time on it tbh instead of rushing to the next target,

Oh ,Oh, gotta look at as many targets while we're up here at Ballyremon

. That was a mistake. Gotta remember to take things easier and give much more time to each target. Keep forgeting that what I miss seeing this year will come around again next year!!

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
15 years 11 months ago #73392 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:I Hate Calibos
phoenix wrote:

Keith if you'd bought it then it would have cost you more on medical bills due to back injury. The 16" Lightbridge is a heavy beast and best to have a mate to help carry it.

I wouldn't mind trying to rise to the occasion with that beast!

Paul,
your short story gave me a good laugh!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
15 years 11 months ago #73398 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re:I Hate Calibos
I'm kinda thankful now that Philip Lardners 20inch is probably finding a permanent home in the observatory he is building rather than coming out on SDAS observing sessions to tempt me. I got a look through it once but only at Saturn thank god, no DSO's. Phew...Close call....:laugh:

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
15 years 11 months ago #73404 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re:I Hate Calibos
You never know, if Phil hasn't got a particularly dark sky, he might transport it on those special nights. eh Phil ?

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
15 years 11 months ago #73430 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re:I Hate Calibos
Paul - that's a terrible affliction perpetrated on you. The stress is palpable. However, help is at hand. I think your case would be pretty much watertight and would undoubtedly result in a whopping payout. I kindly direct you to www.injuriesboard.ie/eng/

I shall send my consulting invoice to you by PM - a flat 25% ;)

Dave

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds