K-Tec

Podcast Episode 7 - September 2006 released

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 1 month ago #32345 by voyager

Just listened to that in the car on the way to work. Pitty I couldn't make it as there were a couple of times I'd have liked to chime in :-)

Cheers,
~Al

p.s. Seanie, whats a closed star cluster? :-)

Well if you pop your points into an email to podcast@irishastronomy.org I'll include them in the next podcast .... that goes for anyone who feels they have something to add BTW.

Part of the idea behind the panel was to encourage more audience participation!

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #32346 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Podcast Episode 7 - September 2006 released

p.s. Seanie, whats a closed star cluster? :-)

I'd call it a very tightly knit group of stars, that may not make up a globular, yet are too close together to be open! :P

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 1 month ago #32347 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Podcast Episode 7 - September 2006 released
You should have been in Prague Seanie, could have helped with definitions...

Cheers
Trevor

More
18 years 1 month ago #32370 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Podcast Episode 7 - September 2006 released

You should have been in Prague Seanie, could have helped with definitions...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 1 month ago #32383 by Eirikg

ohh almost forgot :)

Have been installing gentoo linux on a older computer and are now using it to see if linux is anything for me.

And then i come to think of podcast now, anyone know some good software for playing/subsribing to podcasts for linux?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You're using Gentoo as a beginner .... wow ... that's hardcore! Of all the distros out there the most obscure, least user-friendly and most technically demanding of the whole lot has to be Gentoo. Don't judge all Linuxes by Gentoo, Gentoo is absolutely as bad as it gets!

As for Linux podcast software, no idea .... I use my Mac for podcasts and just use iTunes. At a guess I'd say Amoroc must do podcasts since it does just about everything else and generally kicks ass!

Good luck with that!

Bart.

I choose gentoo because i have tried (played with) Fendora before, but i didnt like it because everything was automatical and when stuff didnt work the automated way i still had to learn some basic of GNU/Linux. So then i search for the most hardcore linux distrubution i could find. So that i could learn more basics on the way kind of.

Gentoo was actually not that advanced that i though before i installed it. There is well written installation handbooks for most, basic installation and desktop installation ++. But it takes time! At least with gentoo were 99% is installing from source,
</offtopic>

Thanks for the tip, ill do some searching and see what ppl prefer as mediaplayer with podcast support.

Edit:
Good podcast, at least for beeing first time with discusstions. And i thought the audio was good for beeing skype! As for the discussions it self it was easy to understand for even a noob like me, good ;)

More
18 years 1 month ago #32384 by dmcdona

Good podcast, at least for beeing first time with discusstions. And i thought the audio was good for beeing skype! As for the discussions it self it was easy to understand for even a noob like me, good ;)

Cheers Eirik - glad you enjoyed it. I think Bart has plans for further discussion panels. Its a great format for listeners to learn without 'formal' lecture notes and presentations etc.

Dave

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds