K-Tec

IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2006 - Dave McDonald!

More
17 years 9 months ago #38763 by jhoare
Congratulations Dave!

John

Better that old people should die of talk than to have young people die in war.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 9 months ago #38789 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2006 - Dave McDonald!

Congratualations Dave. You have inspired me with all your developements during 2006. Only for you it wouldn't have triggered me to go for the observatory code and your pioneering observation of the confirmation of the supernova, showing us the way for the future.

Besides the above, you have been an inspiration to us all in many other ways through your wonderful humour, wide range of active help posts for all those beginners and advanced amateur astronomers. Your activity within KAS.

Seeing the evolution of your imaging skills has all helped us in many ways to mirror what we need to do to ever improve our imaging. Considering the telescope and camera you were using last year I was so impressed what you could do pushing that instrumentation to its limits; thats what makes us all want to try harder and your methodologies/techniques that provide the neccessary tips to improve our images. This leads to the initiative of the Advanced Observers Programme, providing the opportunity for all those to take part in its many different facets to do real science. This is the most challenging initiative within IFAS embarking to the next phase in the developemnt of the IFAS community

I believe this is only the beginning for you, I am convinced there is alot to come during the next phase. Now that you have upgraded your instrumentation the universe is your oyster. Like all communities, some usually pioneer the way for us all and it is certainly you. It has been really good interacting with you on online and also particularly off line.

Wishing you all best wishes for 2007

Eamonn A

Well said Eamonn!

More
17 years 9 months ago #38818 by Kerry Stargazer
Replied by Kerry Stargazer on topic Re: IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2006 - Dave McDonald!
Congrats Dave. :P :P :P

Chairman of Kerry Astronomy Club.
My Kung-Fu 's the best (Melvin Frohike X-Files)

More
17 years 9 months ago #38821 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Thouroughly Deserved Dave ! 8)

Upwards & onwards

Keith..

More
17 years 9 months ago #38852 by Eirikg
Congratulation Dave! From what you have showed here on the board its well deserved!

More
17 years 9 months ago #38867 by Pioneer
Well Done Dave! :D

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds