RTE Radio 1

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 7 months ago #41820 by dmcdona
RTE Radio 1 was created by dmcdona
Folks - there's a chance I'll be on the Marian Finucane show this morning.

I'll be talking about the Eclipse and will hopefully be able to mention those events I was hoping to mention on Mooney.

Tune in!

Cheers
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 7 months ago #41830 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: RTE Radio 1
Good spot Dave, even if Marianne did sound challenging in trying to sound 'knowledgeable'! She even thought she could hear the 'passion' in your voice! But are you sure about that weather forecast you said (Clear skies)?

:D

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 7 months ago #41833 by jhoare
Replied by jhoare on topic Re: RTE Radio 1
Clear or lightly clouded skies certainly look like a possibility based on the last 12 hours of images from Met8.

Dave, good job. You kept it informative and accessible for anyone with even the vaguest interest. Keep it up :)

John

Better that old people should die of talk than to have young people die in war.

More
17 years 7 months ago #41834 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: RTE Radio 1
Just heard it and you gave a good talk. Even my sister rang me asking "will I be watching it"

Good work dave! :)

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 7 months ago #41835 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: RTE Radio 1

It was really short notice (less than an hour) but having prepared for Mooney, it was easy enough. I didn't get the website out which was a bummer but no harm.

Seanie - Metcheck are giving good forecasts for the whole country. If you look at the visible satellite too, I think we're on for clear skies country wide.

I'm getting loads of texts too!

Cheers
Dave

More
17 years 7 months ago #41838 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: RTE Radio 1

Seanie - Metcheck are giving good forecasts for the whole country. If you look at the visible satellite too, I think we're on for clear skies country wide.

Balls... I have to work tonight, so I was hoping (cuz I'll be completely indoors and have no hope of seeing it for a couple hours), that the weather would have been bad...

...sorry, that was only because I arranged to have night off of the last one (October 2004) and it was washed out!

:P

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds