K-Tec

RTE Radio 1

More
17 years 7 months ago #41839 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: RTE Radio 1
I didn't hear it dave, but I got a call from someone who heard it and wants to go to our event tonight. Thanks

Cheers
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 7 months ago #41844 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: RTE Radio 1
Only caught the end of it Dave but what I heard was very good. I had the radio on and was doing house work and I wandered in to the room with the radio and nearly dropped my washing .... I was like ... hang on ... I know that voice ... Dave!!!

You really seem to have RTE's new Astronomy guy .... well done!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 7 months ago #41845 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: RTE Radio 1
Folks - thanks for the compliments, but in all honesty, I've just been in the right place at the right time. I'm you could (and hopefully will) do the same.

Bart - I just had this vision of you, hoover in one hand, smalls in the other... its probably best left as a vision :D

Trevor - glad to be of assistance. As it turns out, I managed to get a plug for the Galway monthly meeting on Mooney last week - at least one person there had come along having heard it on the radio. So, I'm glad to be of service to the community and I hope it'll keep rolling along and we can raise the visibility of Irish Amateur Astronomy. And that is main goal I have.

As an aside, what would be really handy would be a 'page of events' on the IFAS site. I know we all post up various events inside the baords but the general public would be better served with an 'events page'. I could then easily scroll through and give out the latest stuff if I get a call from RTE.

Also, bear in mind that this web site is a regular link on the various RTE sites so we can expect increase in general public traffic looking for basic info.

Any takers for an events page?

On a final note, I think its pretty clear from the various RTE folks who have contacted me and who have given me very positive feedback, that this will go on. There's talk of a regular Mooney slot for sure. And now that a lot of the producers know me, they'll keep calling for more soundbites.

So I guess when it comes to astronomy, RTE Radio has my name near the top of the list. Now for TV... :lol:

Cheers
Dave

More
17 years 7 months ago #41847 by voyager

As an aside, what would be really handy would be a 'page of events' on the IFAS site. I know we all post up various events inside the baords but the general public would be better served with an 'events page'. I could then easily scroll through and give out the latest stuff if I get a call from RTE.

It would indeed be a great addition but one thing to bear in mind - there's only one thing worse than no events page, one with no events on it!

The clubs would really have to get behind this and we'd need someone to coordinate the page and remind the clubs to pass on their events when ever the list gets too empty looking!

Bart.

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 7 months ago #41850 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: RTE Radio 1
I hear ya Bart - and that's hit the nail on the head. An events page with nothing on it - or worse, out of date events, is very annoying.

I have an events page on my own site but it is really hard remembering to update it.

Would I be right in assuming a co-ordinator would be from the web-team? i.e. someone who has the rights to edit the page?

I'd be reasonably happy to throw my hat in the ring - co-ordinate events and update the events page... I'd prefer someone else who might have more time than I but if no one else steps up, I'd do it.

Food for thought anyhow...

Cheers
Dave

More
17 years 7 months ago #41851 by voyager

I hear ya Bart - and that's hit the nail on the head. An events page with nothing on it - or worse, out of date events, is very annoying.

I have an events page on my own site but it is really hard remembering to update it.

Would I be right in assuming a co-ordinator would be from the web-team? i.e. someone who has the rights to edit the page?

I'd be reasonably happy to throw my hat in the ring - co-ordinate events and update the events page... I'd prefer someone else who might have more time than I but if no one else steps up, I'd do it.

Food for thought anyhow...

Cheers
Dave

Cheers for the offer Dave, I'll look into the easiest way of doing this and get back to you.

Bart.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds