• astroguy
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
17 years 3 months ago #48866 by astroguy
First light party Beara Observatory was created by astroguy
Dear friends,

My observatory is nearing completion and I am planning the first light party.
The date has been set on September 8th.

I would like to invite all that are interested to inspect the obseravotory and its equipment to join. I know that Marrtin Eagle, Gratan Banister and Terry Moseley are keen to come and I would like to hear from all my friends that would like to come down and visit the beautiful Beara Peninsula.
If the weather does not co-operate (God forbid) there is a plan B in place that will be interesting and entertaining.
Also in place is a BBQ. So, please feel welcome to join us in and enjoy a view of the skies through the LX200GPS and Wiliam Optics 80mm ED.

For thos eof you from farther afield there will be a list of local B&B's available.

Please aid me in planning this event by letting me know of your plans to attend and with how many of you. I will then PM-ing you the local B&B list

I look forward to a lively Fist Light Party.

Regards
Jouke de Ruiter

LX 200 GPS, Williams optics 80mm APO, Meade LPI, Canon 300D, Skymap pro, Lunar phase pro, Image plus, Exploradome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #48867 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: First light party Beara Observatory
Sounds like a great time will be had by all, it's my 15th wedding anniversary and a trip has already been planned.

I look forward to seeing photos of the completed observatory and possibly the party, if they're not too libellous :D

Pray for good weather, 'cause lately nothing else seems to be working. :roll:

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

• astroguy
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
17 years 3 months ago #48870 by astroguy
Replied by astroguy on topic Re: First light party Beara Observatory
Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear you can't make it. But I am sure you will have a nice weekend celebrating your wedding. Have fun!
Surely I will post pictures of both the observatory and the party.

Regards
Jouke

LX 200 GPS, Williams optics 80mm APO, Meade LPI, Canon 300D, Skymap pro, Lunar phase pro, Image plus, Exploradome.

More
17 years 3 months ago #48871 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: First light party Beara Observatory
Jouke,
Many congrats on finishing the observatory!
Unfortunately, whilst I would love to go, I have a "minor appointment" (getting married) to my fiancee (Denise) in Rome in early September. However, best of luck with the observaotry and the first light party. Hoipefully the weather will co-operate.
Regards,

More
17 years 3 months ago #48876 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: First light party Beara Observatory
Congratulations on the forthcoming nuptials Michael, hope you and Denise have a long and happy life together.

Marriage is the best.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
17 years 3 months ago #48877 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: First light party Beara Observatory
Cheers Paul, and many congrats to yourself & your wife.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds