SDAS Observing Session Monday 30th June now Tue 1st July

• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 3 months ago #70644 by michael_murphy
Hi All,

There will be an SDAS oberving session on Monday evening to view Mars, Regulus and Saturn.

The plan is to meet outside Kilmacanogue at about 10:15.

The meeting point is about a kilometer outside Kilmacanogue on the Roundwood road at Healy's Pottery (there is a lay-by on the right hand side of the road).

The observing site is a further 3 kilometers down the road on the right hand side just after the turn off for the Sugarloaf. The Sugarloaf road is marked L1031.

As with everything in this Country it will be weather permitting but if the weather is bad on Monday we'll re-schedule for Tuesday.

PM me if interested,

Michael.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #70645 by fguihen
Great!! a chance to collomate my scope since changing over to bobs knobs. its about as out of collomation as an SCT can get!! should be fun.

More
16 years 3 months ago #70647 by Calibos
Woohoo! :D

You can count me in!

How late will this session run till? Jupiter,Neptune and Uranus will be at their highest at about 1am 'ish.

Would be cool to see 5 planets and an ahem...Plutoid in the one night even if they are all pure mush at only 13-14deg alt. (Less for Neptune and Uranus)

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 3 months ago #70655 by michael_murphy

Woohoo! :D

You can count me in!

How late will this session run till? Jupiter,Neptune and Uranus will be at their highest at about 1am 'ish.

Would be cool to see 5 planets and an ahem...Plutoid in the one night even if they are all pure mush at only 13-14deg alt. (Less for Neptune and Uranus)

Hi Keith,

It'll run for as long as people are still there. I saw Jupiter last night from home and would love to have another look with the scope.

Michael.

More
16 years 3 months ago #70683 by lunartic_old
It looks like the weather for Monday and Tuesday is not looking the best :cry:

Still, we can keep our fingers, knees and eyes crossed that they get it wrong (AGAIN) :D

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
16 years 3 months ago #70690 by Calibos
Won't be a disaster if it was postponed a week. Closest approach of Mars to Saturn in the Sky on July 9-10th I think and on the July 6th there is a nice quartet of the Crescent moon, Mars, Saturn and Regulus low in the west. Is there a clear Western horizon from the observing location?

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds