"The Globe of Death!"

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 years 10 months ago #75215 by dmcdona
"The Globe of Death!" was created by dmcdona
Folks - I have been asked, in my role as a Science Ambassador for Discover Science and Engineering, to be a presenter at the BT Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition 2009.

I will be presenting a show entitled "The Globe of Death: A Study of Centrifugal Forces!". Dr. Dominic Zerulla (UCD) will be doing the physics explanations, I'll be doing the introductions and acting as MC (Master of Ceremonies) for the show. The show will be in the BT Arena.

The provisional times for the show are 12:00 noon and 15:00 on each of three days - Thursday 8th January, Friday 9th January and Saturday 10th January.

I also understand that IYA will be officially launched from the BT YSTE 2009 on Saturday 10th January.

The BT YSTE 2009 opens on 6th Jan to participants and opens on the 8th Jan to the general public. More details here: www.btyoungscientist.ie/

I'll be working with Dr. Zerulla over the coming weeks on the running order etc. If I can give you more info, I will but I suspect that most of it will be TOP SECRET - so you'll just have to come in and see the show!

If anyone is interested, do pop into the BT Arena to say hello!

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #75220 by phoenix
Replied by phoenix on topic Re:"The Globe of Death!"
No chance of me making it but are they going to put it on the web afterwards?

Kieran
16" ODK (incoming), Mesu Mount 200, APM TMB 80mm, SXV H16, SXV H9
J16 An Carraig Observatory
ancarraigobservatory.co.uk/

More
15 years 10 months ago #75225 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:"The Globe of Death!"
Nice one Dave!

Michael.

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
15 years 10 months ago #75230 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Re:"The Globe of Death!"
Great stuff Dave , I will try to get along and cheer for you :-)

Cheers

Deirdre

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 years 10 months ago #75235 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re:"The Globe of Death!"
I'm not sure yet exactly what my job will be but I'd be fairly sure that DSE will record something. It's possible that it might make the TV. And if it does that, I'm sure the content will make it onto the web. I'll keep ye all informed.

More
15 years 9 months ago #75830 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re:
dmcdona wrote:

Folks - I have been asked, in my role as a Science Ambassador for Discover Science and Engineering, to be a presenter at the BT Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition 2009.

I will be presenting a show entitled "The Globe of Death: A Study of Centrifugal Forces!". Dr. Dominic Zerulla (UCD) will be doing the physics explanations, I'll be doing the introductions and acting as MC (Master of Ceremonies) for the show. The show will be in the BT Arena.

The provisional times for the show are 12:00 noon and 15:00 on each of three days - Thursday 8th January, Friday 9th January and Saturday 10th January.

I also understand that IYA will be officially launched from the BT YSTE 2009 on Saturday 10th January.

The BT YSTE 2009 opens on 6th Jan to participants and opens on the 8th Jan to the general public. More details here: www.btyoungscientist.ie/

I'll be working with Dr. Zerulla over the coming weeks on the running order etc. If I can give you more info, I will but I suspect that most of it will be TOP SECRET - so you'll just have to come in and see the show!

If anyone is interested, do pop into the BT Arena to say hello!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Any update on the times of your talks? I have a nephew exhibiting at this year's YS and have to do the dutiful thing and go along!

Phil.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds