K-Tec

"The Globe of Death!"

More
15 years 9 months ago #75862 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re:"The Globe of Death!"
Forgot to mention, the rest of the exhibition is well worth seeing. There are lots of attractions, demonstrations and events other than the Globe of Death, and there are some genuinely excellent projects on display. Some of the research was university level stuff - genuinely very impressive indeed! Also got chatting to Prof. Mike Redfern about the European Extremely Large Telescope and another very enthusiastic Prof-type from DIAS about seismology in schools!

Phil.

PS - While I was waiting outside the front entrance to the RDS I got chatting to one of the teacher/marshal/kid-wranglers who looked thoroughly browned off and cold at not having been relieved for a while. I mentioned something about how cold it was, which elicited the response... "humph... could be worse... could be raining... you've no idea how bad a lot of warm, damp kids can smell in a confined space..."!! I mumbled a muffled guffaw of sympathy and went inside! :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 years 9 months ago #75873 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re:"The Globe of Death!"
Folks - I have 3 tickets for Saturday.will admit adults or children. PM me if you're interested. Especially after Reading phil's excellent description!

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds