• DeirdreKelleghan
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
14 years 7 months ago #83926 by DeirdreKelleghan
www.wicklowmountainsnationalpark.ie/

Hi all

Wicklow Mountains National Park Saturday March 6th 8pm - 10 pm weather permitting.
We have been very lucky in the last few years to have had several really good events in the park for public viewings. The park have offered the Upper Lake Car Park again
for a Saturn viewing. Due to other events and staffing March 6th was the only date offered.
So no moon equals a few deep sky objects , Mars, and Saturn.

I would be delighted to see the usual suspects arrive with their telescopes under their arms to help out. The park have advertised it locally and in their associated publications.

Let me know if you are available , as usual fingers and toes crossed for a clear night as there is no alternate date available this year.

Thanks

Deirdre Kelleghan
Vice Chair IFAS / Outreach IFAS
National Coordinator Astronomers Without Borders Ireland.
www.deirdrekelleghan.com/
twitter.com/skysketcher

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #83928 by lunartic_old
Count me in Deirdre, barring the unexpected I'll be there.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
14 years 7 months ago #83934 by michael_murphy
Likewise, I should be there.

Michael.

More
14 years 7 months ago #83946 by philiplardner
If I'm not too cream-crackered after getting home from the Isle of Man on Saturday evening, I'll try and get down there too.

Philip.

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #83965 by DeirdreKelleghan
Thanks guys, fingers crossed for the weather its a bit iffy at the mo.

Deirdre Kelleghan
Vice Char IFAS
Outreach IFAS
National Coordinator Astronomers Without Borders Ireland .
www.deirdrekelleghan.com/
twitter.com/skysketcher

More
14 years 7 months ago #83977 by Calibos
Afraid I can't make this one guys. House and work has kept me busy for the last few months and I still haven't finished the scope. Really busy part of the renovations at the moment and I have to be on site a lot project managing this last week and next week. I am hoping I'll have the time to get the scope finished and have the free time available for the Sandymount and Bray prom events though. Its just that without the servocat fitted to the scope outreach would be an excercise in frustration. Obviously tracking is not a necessity but perfect balancing or a friction brake is a must. While the scope being slightly loose and out of balance is not an issue for me in the back garden cause I know how to hold it and hand track, with the public it would be a nightmare. The scope will sink or rise as soon as I let go to give a member of the public a view. However the fact that it is slightly out of balance will not affect the servocat but obviously until I get that fitted I am stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of outreach.

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds