K-Tec

COSMOS 2010 April 9th - 11th, Tullamore, Offaly.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 6 months ago #84434 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:COSMOS 2010 April 9th - 11th, Tullamore, Offaly.
Thanks Ronan, it has been a vry enjoyable and relaxed event so far. I'm putting the finishing touches to the table quiz questions right now... ;)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #84437 by Frank Ryan
Well lads & Lasses!
How did we all get on?
I'm utterly gutted I couldn't make it this year.
Ye got exceptional weather by the look of the sat images...

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #84444 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:COSMOS 2010 April 9th - 11th, Tullamore, Offaly.
It was a GREAT weekend we reckon, feedback in general has it one of the best in recent years, helped a lot by 2 nights observing back to back (3 if you count last night, as it was still technically the COSMOS weekend!). We do not have confirmed dates for next year, but it will be going ahead. On behalf of the MAC committee, we are very happy with the way it turned out, but I do hope that if any visitors have any suggestions that they will let MAC know about it (send me a PM or email to tullamoreastronomy@yahoo.co.uk anytime).

On a side note:
LOST & FOUND: Canon EF lens cover found at COSMOS. Let me know if you think it is yours and I will post it to you.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Seanie_Morris.

More
14 years 6 months ago #84445 by dmolloy
Yep, I would agree with Seanie. It was a very enjoyable weekend - one of the best ever, and the observing on Saturday night was a bonus. I would also like to thank all of you who again supported us on COSMOS 2010 - and although I was bounced into the role of chairperson this year, It would not have been a success without the committee pulling the strings behind: cheer:
And of course it would not be the event that it is, without all of you who are regular visitors to the event (and great to see some new faces as well) :) not to mention the speakers who gave their time

Signed
Declan

Very disturbed
Co laois:silly:

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #84446 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re:COSMOS 2010 April 9th - 11th, Tullamore, Offaly.
Id like to thanks all at MAC who made this a great weekend, we were lucky with the weather on Saturday night and then again with the solar observing on both days. It was great to finally meet some of the newer people here on the IFAS boards for the first time.
Many thanks guy and I look forward to next year.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by dave_lillis.

More
14 years 6 months ago #84448 by BrianOHalloran
Replied by BrianOHalloran on topic Re:COSMOS 2010 April 9th - 11th, Tullamore, Offaly.
Many thanks to MAC for an excellent weekend - was fantastic fun, and great to meet so many of the IFAS folk to boot. Hope you all enjoyed the talk - and just to annoy you all, here's a Herschel SPIRE & PACS composite image of the Rosette just out of quarantine - and which I couldn't show yesterday :( :

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds