Invitation to join MAC: Perseids StarBQ, Sat August 7th

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #85585 by Seanie_Morris
Hi all,

As most of you are aware, the Midlands Astronomy Club, since 1993, has hosted a Perseids StarBQ and Campnight on a Saturday closest to the shower's maximum of August 12th. This year, we are playing host to 2 nights in the hope that at least one will get favourable weather for our fun event.

You are hereby invited to join us at our Observing Site in Clonminch just outside Tullamore this Saturday August 7th. MAC will supply the barbecue and campfire, all you need to bring is food, implements and a tent and whatever else you think you need to enjoy it with us.

We get together from around 8:30/9:00pm and you can stay as late as you want.

If the weather fails us we will fallback to Saturday August 14th. Even if it's cloudy this Saturday we will still go ahead, because it is fun to get out and about as a group of friends. The Moon will be absent which will make viewing excellent.

I have the directions to the site and if you need any further help you can ring me on 087 6825910.

You can download a Meteor Shower info sheet I made here. (A4, 470kB Adobe PDF, right-click and select 'Save Link As')

Clear Skies!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Seanie_Morris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85609 by Frank Ryan
Sounds great!

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

More
14 years 2 months ago #85610 by dmolloy
weather permitting Myself and herself will be there, last couple of times we had good craic I will bring some burnables for the fire. if we are going ahead......and maybe a can of weak continental beer or two:laugh::laugh: :laugh: :P

bored and thirsty
Declan

Co Laois

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 2 months ago #85612 by Seanie_Morris
I got me a smaller tent for this weekend, saves me bringing in the 6 bed bungalow I usually bring! I hope the weather plays ball. I'm looking forward to the craic and Declan's singing following the continental beers...

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 2 months ago #85613 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Latest weather forecast for the StarBQ
From met.ie:

Tomorrow, Saturday will be largely dry and bright, with some good sunny spells. However there will be a few showers, mainly affecting Leinster. Fairly breezy, with highest temperatures 17 to 20 degrees, and moderate to fresh northwest winds.

Outlook:
Apart from isolated showers which will die out as the night goes on, Saturday night will be mostly dry with some mist and fog around dawn Sunday. Sunday will begin bright, dry and mostly sunny.

Fingers crossed.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85614 by dmolloy
lets hope and pray to all supernatural beings, that the rain gods stay away...... BTW ya know i can't sing....but will do a dance around the fire if really pushed.....:unsure:

declan

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds