Invitation to join MAC: Perseids StarBQ, Sat August 7th

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 2 months ago #85615 by Seanie_Morris
dmolloy wrote:

BTW ya know i can't sing....but will do a dance around the fire if really pushed.....:unsure:

Will you keep your clothes on this time?

:laugh:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 2 months ago #85616 by Seanie_Morris
By the way, here are directions to the site:
From N52 Bypass North: Continue heading for the Portlaoise roundabout. Proceed through it towards the Birr direction. Approximately 250 meters on your left is a left turn. It is the only left turn on this stretch before the Kinnity and Birr roundabouts. See "The Lane" for the rest.

From N52 Bypass South: Continue heading for Dublin after the Birr and Kinnity roundabouts. Approximately 1 km past the Kinnity roundabout is the turn on your right - take it. It is the only right turn on this stretch before the Portlaoise roundabout. See "The Lane" for the rest.

The Lane
Take the turn on to the lane and proceed down, keeping right at the first corner past a bungalow (on your left as you keep right) on down to the end upon which the lane forks - keep left again. Continue straight down with care, past 1 gate and meeting another 100 meters down. It can get dark and gloomy - you're in the right place! the Site will be at the end on your left.

Remember: bring your own food, drink, beer, and implements, MAC will provide the barbecue, utensils and campfire. Handy items to have (even if you are not camping overnight) include an easy chair, dual flashlight (ordinary and red filtered), extra fleece, binoculars, something potent-smelling like citronella wipes to keep away the midges, and your best jokes!

Hope to see you there, your partner and/or kids are also welcome to come and it is completely free! Keep my number or that of any MAC member that you have in case you get stuck or have any questions.

Clear Skies,

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85619 by dmolloy
fully clothed, :laugh:
The weather is set to improve so its a go, I believe. I will bring a few stick n stuff to get a fire started....see you all there

Signed

Declan
very disturbed
Co laois:woohoo:

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 2 months ago #85622 by Seanie_Morris
Brightening up nicely in Tullamore at the moment.

Midlands Astronomy Club.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85627 by dave_lillis
so guys, how did it go ?

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
14 years 2 months ago #85635 by Keith g
Yeah, how did it go?? I was out last night and saw 5 beautiful bright ones over an hour or so...

Keith..

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds