• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 8 months ago #88292 by michael_murphy
IAS/WMNP star party on the 12th March @ 8PM was created by michael_murphy
Hello All,

The details for the IAS/WMNP star party in the Wicklow Mountains National Park on the 12th March @ 8PM have been finalised and are available on the WMNP website www.wicklowmountainsnationalpark.ie/
and on the IAS webste www.irishastrosoc.org/ .

If the evening is clear there will be an observing session with the Moon and Saturn on show.
All are welcome and remember tio wrap up warmly.

If you would like to bring a telescope along to help with the observing you are more than welcome.
If you are going to bring a telescope along please me know.

Regards,

Michael.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #88293 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: IAS/WMNP star party on the 12th March @ 8PM
If I have nothing else on that night I'll be there Michael, with the SCT.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
13 years 8 months ago #88295 by Calibos
Hi Michael and Paul. Remember me?? :P

Hoping to have the scope ready for this. You know, the one I started modding nearly 2 years ago :bricks: If not come and shoot me :P

Anyway, I was just wondering about the Saturn bit. Eh?? Don't the Park Rangers usually kick us out about 10pm? Saturn will still only be 13º in Altitude by 10pm. Will it be visible over the valley wall?

Regards

Keith

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #88302 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: IAS/WMNP star party on the 12th March @ 8PM

Hi Michael and Paul. Remember me??

No. :stooges:

It will be great to see the scope, whoever you are.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by lunartic_old.

More
13 years 8 months ago #88303 by flt158
Was that the guy who saw the Venus occultation with us? He brought a 12" reflector in the back of a black Audi TT? The Venus occultation happened on the 1st December 2008. There was a group of us on a back road in Greystones with Deirdre Kellegan.

Yours, Aubrey.

More
13 years 8 months ago #88308 by lunartic_old
That's the man Aubrey.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds