K-Tec

IAS/WMNP star party on the 12th March @ 8PM

More
13 years 8 months ago #88310 by Calibos

flt158 wrote: Was that the guy who saw the Venus occultation with us? He brought a 12" reflector in the back of a black Audi TT? The Venus occultation happened on the 1st December 2008. There was a group of us on a back road in Greystones with Deirdre Kellegan.

Yours, Aubrey.

Yeah, that was me Aubrey. I've been out observing 5 times since :bigshock: Real life got in the way. However Deirdre and Philip Lardner gave me the kick up the you know what I needed when I met them at a gallery that Deirdre was exhibiting some of her wonderful Astro sketches at. Finished 95% of my mods to the scope 18 months ago and now I just have to get up off my backside and finish the remaining 5%. Unfortunately it was that last 5% that made the scope unusable all this time.

I look forward to seeing you all again in Glendalough national Parka. BTW Does Paul still do his excellent impression of the Eskimo Nebula?? :evil:

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #88323 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: IAS/WMNP star party on the 12th March @ 8PM

Does Paul still do his excellent impression of the Eskimo Nebula??

You betcha.

Give me a tutu and I can do a passable Swan Nebula too.:p

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 7 months ago #88379 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re: IAS/WMNP star party on the 12th March @ 8PM

Calibos wrote: Hi Michael and Paul. Remember me?? :P

Hoping to have the scope ready for this. You know, the one I started modding nearly 2 years ago :bricks: If not come and shoot me :P

Anyway, I was just wondering about the Saturn bit. Eh?? Don't the Park Rangers usually kick us out about 10pm? Saturn will still only be 13º in Altitude by 10pm. Will it be visible over the valley wall?

Regards

Keith

I've only just seen this post now.
It'll be great to see you again Keith.

Michael.

• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 7 months ago #88489 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re: IAS/WMNP star party on the 12th March @ 8PM
bump

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #88527 by Calibos
Hi Michael,

Surprise surprise, my scope won't be ready for Saturday :whistle: I think mine has been delayed almost as long as the James Webb Telescope at this stage! :whistle: :laugh:

If you still have your SCT and that 10" tracking Skywatcher dob, I'd be happy to still come down and operate the dob for you. I'd bring along my own eyepieces and flasks of Tea so at least you don't have to supply them too. :laugh:

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Calibos.

More
13 years 7 months ago #88528 by mykc
I'll bring a 200 mm reflector, if the weather is favourable - we're due a bit of luck after the regular disappointments this year. Mike

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds