• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 1 day ago - 12 years 1 day ago #95505 by michael_murphy
Sandymount Observing on Friday 26th October was created by michael_murphy
Hello All,

Just a note to say that the IAS and SDAS will hold our first Sandymount evening will be held on Friday 26th at 8PM. Details of the location are on the IAS website . If you have a telescope please feel free to bring it along.

As this event is weather dependent, please check back on the IAS site after 6PM on Friday to check that the event is going ahead.

Michael.
Last edit: 12 years 1 day ago by michael_murphy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 day ago #95506 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Sandymount Observing on Friday 26th October
I'll be there Michael.

According to the weather report on RTE radio, tomorrow night frost is predicted, so it should be good.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
12 years 21 hours ago #95510 by flt158
I hope to down too, Michael. The 11 day old Moon is very close to carbon star TX (19) Piscium, and the planet Uranus is in the area also. Hopefully, the clouds will shift and make the sky clear. See you at 8.30 to 9 pm.

Aubrey.

More
12 years 18 hours ago #95511 by PaulWalsh
Replied by PaulWalsh on topic Re: Sandymount Observing on Friday 26th October
Joshua and myself will be there along with a few girls from my daughters class (they were learning about the solar system in school) that might drop down.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #95523 by Marto
In spite of the cold it was nice to meet you guys, hope to make it more regular.

All the best
Martin

PS thanks Aubrey for showing me th Carbon star!
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Marto.

More
11 years 11 months ago #95526 by flt158
Yes, it was very much worth my while coming down -even though I did arrive late -not until 9 pm. However, it was great meeting up with Martin, Paul Walsh, Paul Byrne, Liam Smyth, Michael Murphy, John Flannery and Val.
First up for the scope was the 11-day old Moon, with Aristarchus very close to the terminator. Just 2 degrees west of the Moon was (probably the brightest carbon star in the sky) TX Piscium. And finally, I successfully star-hopped to the planet Uranus, which in turn was close to a red variable star BV Piscium.
So for me, yet another historic night with the Dublin Sidewalk Astronomers. I would like to thank Michael for organizing the whole event and helping to load up the scope at the end of the night. Rain and hail came down at 10.45. And also I would like to thank Paul Walsh for his very kind comments to me personally.
I find it hard to believe that for the 1st time in my life, I have had 41 observing sessions in 1 year, and it is still not November!

Aubrey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulWalsh

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds