K-Tec

Sandymount Observing on Friday 26th October

• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 11 months ago #95527 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re: Sandymount Observing on Friday 26th October
Hi All,

Thanks to all who turned up.
We had reasonably good weather for most of the evening and it clouded over as myself and Aubrey were packing up at about 10.30.

Hope to see you all next month.

Michael.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #95528 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Sandymount Observing on Friday 26th October
Unfortunately I could not stay too long, but it was great to be out again.

A big thanks to Aubrey for showing me TX Piscium, what a fantastic colour, and for Michael for the the organisation.

It was good to meet all the old faces again.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
11 years 11 months ago #95529 by flt158
Thanks Paul. I wonder would it be possible to see TX Piscium occulted by the Moon? Has it happened in the past? Just wondering. It would be some event!

Aubrey.

More
11 years 11 months ago #95530 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Sandymount Observing on Friday 26th October
January 18 1975 Aubrey.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
11 years 11 months ago #95531 by flt158
Ah yes, Paul. You beat me to it. You are indeed correct. Now when is the next one?

Aubrey.

More
11 years 11 months ago #95536 by lunartic_old
I found out that the last occultation was February 24 this year, probably only visible in the southern hemisphere.

Paul

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds