K-Tec

COSMOS 2013 April 12th to 14th at Annaharvey, Tullamore

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #97177 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: COSMOS 2013 :: We want your Astrophotos!
We Want Your Astrophotos!

Hi all,

For any of you that dabble in astrophotography, we'd like to use your photos. In between talks will be a display onscreen of shots taken by astrophotographers, by submission only (meaing you give your permission for us to use it ONLY at Cosmos!).

Please email your photos to midlandsastronomy@gmail.com BUT please add its details onto the photo i.e. overprint onto the digital photo your name and its credentials. What we are doing (as we hope to have loads of photos to show off) is simply lob all the digital photos into a folder and let the computer randomly display each on a repetitive slideshow, so we won't be adding tags to photos seen.

Thanks,

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Seanie_Morris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #97191 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: COSMOS 2013 :: Excellent Raffle Prizes
(Another post from me, it's like I am spamming my own thread!)

Excellent Raffles Prizes on the Weekend

So far, we have as Raffle Prizes:

- Parrot Bluetooth Car Kit
- Motorola Android Touchscreen Smartphone
- 2 Vodafone Mobile Modems with a weeks free usage included
- Nokia Monster Headphones
- Sony Bluetooth Speaker
- Astronomy Books
- Vouchers for full weekend admission for COSMOS 2014.

AND on Friday night, specially for our Family Lecture Night (courtesy of K-Tech Telescopes)

- Skywatcher Heritage 76 Mini-Dobsonian Telescope

Tickets on sale throughout the weekend! Main raffle will be last thing on Sunday afternoon.

Good luck!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #97258 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic COSMOS 2013 :: (Super)Amateur Rocket Launches!
(Super)Amateur Rocket Launches!

MAC Member Bob Campbell has devised a contraption (wait till you see it...) to allow us to launch our own little rockets at COSMOS! All you need is a 2litre Pepsi bottle preferrably. Using a combination of water and air, we can all take part!

Dress Your Rocket
If taking part, why not decorate your rocket? We might actually have a couple of prizes for the highest traveled rockets!

Taking Place When?
On Saturday afternoon during the lunch break, time to be confirmed. It's onsite so there is no need for traveling. This is weather permitting.

Best of luck!

Midlands Astronomy Club.

More
11 years 6 months ago #97265 by flt158
Hi Seanie and everybody. Valerie and I are very much looking forward to Cosmos 2013. It will be great to catch up with everybody and meet some good friends.
However there is the possibility that Friday night will be the only clear night of the weekend. Rain is coming on Saturday afternoon and it won't clear up Saturday evening. (I have been checking the weather forecast). Do discuss!

Aubrey.

More
11 years 6 months ago #97266 by CarlightExpress
Replied by CarlightExpress on topic Re: COSMOS 2013 :: (Super)Amateur Rocket Launches!
Looking forward to meeting you all up there, I'll be setting off from Cork around 3:30pm so Should be up there for 6pm all being well

More
11 years 6 months ago #97267 by CarlightExpress
Replied by CarlightExpress on topic Re: COSMOS 2013 :: (Super)Amateur Rocket Launches!

flt158 wrote: Hi Seanie and everybody. Valerie and I are very much looking forward to Cosmos 2013. It will be great to catch up with everybody and meet some good friends.
However there is the possibility that Friday night will be the only clear night of the weekend. Rain is coming on Saturday afternoon and it won't clear up Saturday evening. (I have been checking the weather forecast). Do discuss!

Aubrey.

Here's the Astro Panel for Tullamore:

7timer.y234.cn/index.php?product=astro&l...tric&tzshift=0&site=

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds